mom of two ready for a change

Options
Looking to loose 40 pounds mom of 2 Boys 4 years old and 8 weeks.

Replies

• venerando
    venerando Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I can help you with your journey. Dont quit! V
  • kygreeneyes91
    kygreeneyes91 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thank you I am not new to this app however I only used it to count calories before which led to myself growing very bored with it. I honestly didn't realize there was more to it such as finding friends and encouragement. Thanks for your kindness. I look forward to hearing others weight loss journey and will help as much as I can
  • sonjabrad
    sonjabrad Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi
    New mum here to say hi and welcome!
    I have a 3 year old and 4 week old so know how difficult taking care of ourselves is with two kids, I lost all my bsby weight (took over a year) with my first using MFP, got 3lb from goal then found out I was pregnant again!!! Looking to lose around 20lb but finding I'm snacking wrong things and using most of my calories on junk. Break wright loss down into 10lb chunks as will seem easier to reach goal, MFP set my calorie allowance to 1200 but lost weight before doing 1500 cals a day! Good luck :/)))
  • sonjabrad
    sonjabrad Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Meant that to be a smiley face lol
  • kygreeneyes91
    Options
    Thank you! And congrats on your new little one. I am taking B12 lipotropic injections and i really like the outcome they seem to give me energy. But besides that I'm gonna try and stay on the right path and eat better. It's hard though that's for sure! Good luck to you as well
  • darenc_1972
    darenc_1972 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hang in there!! My wife and I were in the same boat, we have been at it for almost a year and have lost 75 lb between us. Add me if you want more friends :)
  • kygreeneyes91
    Options
    Thank you very much congrats that is awesome!! I appreciate your support
  • RachelBee86
    RachelBee86 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have two kiddos (9 and 5 yrs), and have a sedentary job. My 30th birthday is next June and I'm determined to get in better shape for them. I want to be the healthy, happy mom they deserve! I really need an accountability partner though. Want to friend me? I'd be more honest about logging and watching calories if I knew someone was checking in. Might have helped me avoid the donut in the breakroom today. ;)
  • vmorrison21
    vmorrison21 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello, I have a new 6 week old baby too! He's my number 5! My others are 15, 10, 4, and 2 1/2. Good luck!!!
  • kygreeneyes91
    Options
    Thanks ladies congrats on your new baby vmorrison and rachelbee i added you =) i feel the same way haha I'm trying so hard to eat healthier but man do those bags of chips look tasty. I so wish they made fat free donuts
  • sfinsc
    sfinsc Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I feel you! Mine are 6 and 7 and it was reeeeally hard to find the motivation to lose weight when they were younger. It gets easier to focus on you as they get older and more independent. :)
  • kygreeneyes91
    Options
    Very true it took me untill my first son was 4 to actually change my eating habits and lose weight then two months into it i found out i was expecting the second ha so gained it all back of course! !
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    Options
    four kids here. 12, 10, 2, 1. I'm in maintenance now. making the time for yourself is so important to success, even when you think you can't do it, you've got to find a way to make the time! Time management was my biggest hurdle and now I'm a list-making, schedule-following, meal-prepping mom of TWO toddler girls and two pre teen boys that are in sports and always on the go. Routine, routine, routine.
  • incisron
    incisron Posts: 550 Member
    Options

Thank you! And congrats on your new little one. I am taking B12 lipotropic injections and i really like the outcome they seem to give me energy. But besides that I'm gonna try and stay on the right path and eat better. It's hard though that's for sure! Good luck to you as well
    Welcome, ky. You're really pretty.
  • kygreeneyes91
    Options
    Incisron thank you very much =) jenloella hopefully i can get a schedule soon my 8 week old doesn't even sleep on a schedule ha so i have my work cut out for me