treadmill or elliptical

Options
Where to get one of those , with a decent weight limit on a decent budget?

Replies

• Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,209 Member
    Options
    Craiglist?
    A sporting goods store?
  • AZnewbie00
    AZnewbie00 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I bought my elliptical at Dicks Sporting Goods for about 400 bucks.
  • SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    Craigslist or Ebay. I buy all my equipment used.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Kijiji is usually full of used exercise equipment. I got my treadmill at Fitness Depot over 10 years ago (Pacemaster Silver).....not cheap but has stood up well to a lot of use (I don't use it much any more - I prefer to run outside all year 'round - but my wife & college age kids do)
  • fbinsc
    fbinsc Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    I got a good deal on a treadmill from Costco
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,338 Member
    Options
    I got my treadmill for a good deal off of Kijiji...a guy selling them out of his garage, great deal but I couldn't get rid of him for 6 months! Beware the strangers you meet answering ads..lol...
  • MsJulesRenee
    MsJulesRenee Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    I bought my elliptical from Craigslist from a sweet couple. Download the user manual from the internet for free. You can also get one, if you look online, from gyms that are upgrading and selling old equipment in your area. There are some moving companies that are licensed to take them apart and put it back together at your house- expensive but worth it if you are buying a heavy one.
  • BobJ19956
    BobJ19956 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Try Craigslist first. Two weeks ago I bought a nice Pro-Form treadmill for $100 delivered to my home. Works great! A lot of people buy treadmills and stop using them after a month or so. Then they just take up space or serve as a clothes rack. The one I bought sold new for about $600 and was listed for $200. Owners were happy to get it out of their living room. If you see one on Craigslist that you like, offer half the listed price in immediate CASH. You'll be surprised what you can get cheap!
  • kitten992107
    kitten992107 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone