Sudden calorie drop

Options
When I started my journey MFP calculated my calorie goal at 1540 per day. I exercise 60 min 6 days a week doing various cardio and strength training work outs. I started at 240lbs and am now at 200 lbs. Did my calorie intake change due to my weight loss? It changed all of a sudden on Friday even though I have logged my weight as 200 lbs a few weeks ago. Thoughts? Is 1280 daily calories going too low? Since I want to lose around another 60lbs on my 5' 6" frame to put me at 140 lbs do I just go with this?

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    It changes because of your loss, yes. Your TDEE is lower since you are lighter.

Does it give you 1280 to lose 2 pounds per week? I assume you eat exercise calories back as well. If you aren't comfortable with that, you can change your lose to 1 pound or 1.5 pounds per week to give yourself some more calories.
  • CrystalBurns1
    CrystalBurns1 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I don't typically eat my exercise calories back. I worry about accuracy even though I have a Fitbit Charge HR. Maybe I should plan to eat a couple hundred back?
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    I don't typically eat my exercise calories back. I worry about accuracy even though I have a Fitbit Charge HR. Maybe I should plan to eat a couple hundred back?

Yes, eat back at least half. Now is definitely time to start that as your calories are dropping.
  • CrystalBurns1
    CrystalBurns1 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thank you!