Yay!!!! Lost over 50 lbs, 30 to go! W/pics

Options
crystal45042
crystal45042 Posts: 62 Member
edited October 2015 in Success Stories
obuj3pfaqbw9.jpg
lwm29sugvfkb.jpg
I woke up one day and just felt awful. I was 232 lbs and my body hurt, I was depressed and didn't like the person in the mirror. I decided it was time for a change. Over 1 year later I am now 173 lbs! A lot of hard work, a few setbacks but I finally seen what was possible. I still have a goal of 30 more pounds to lose. But if I can do it I know anyone can. I learned if you mess up, don't beat yourself up for it, you're human! Get right back on track and get to that finish line! The pic with me outside is me at 232 the other is at my current weight. Once I'm at my goal I'll definitely take better ones!

Replies

• crystal45042
    edited October 2015
    Options
    :)
  • adolfa18
    adolfa18 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Wow! Huge difference, awesome job :-)
  • crystal45042
    Options
    Thank you!
  • redrosez4
    redrosez4 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Wow, that's absolutely incredible! Doesn't it feel great to hit that 50 mark? Also, doesn't 30 seem so doable now after 50 lost!? It's within your reach and right there. Have you used Myfitnesspal for the whole process? Well done!
  • crystal45042
    Options
    No, unfortunately I didn't use myfitnesspal but I am going to start so I can focus on exactly what I'm eating and how much exercise I'm doing. I think it can be useful!
  • IdLikeToLoseItLoseIt
    Options
    Wow! Your success is an inspiration, keep up the great work!
  • kathrynhturner
    kathrynhturner Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Well done on your fantastic weight loss.
  • amyb12015
    amyb12015 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Wow how did u do it?? What did u eat and workout to help lose it
  • Myxalplyx
    Myxalplyx Posts: 129 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Great job Crystal! Good luck on your journey! I'm sure you have and will inspire others.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Amazing work! Way to get it.
  • crystal45042
    Options
    Thanks everyone!
  • deescrafty
    deescrafty Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    You look great, such a change! Good work, I know you'll do it!
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    Terrific work! It's so great you decided to make such a positive change in your life. You've obviously learned some valuable, life long lessons along the way. You deserve a great big pat on the back!
  • meboogboog
    meboogboog Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Looking good!
  • pippypuppy
    pippypuppy Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    What a difference! Amazing. Congrats
  • redrosez4
    redrosez4 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    No, unfortunately I didn't use myfitnesspal but I am going to start so I can focus on exactly what I'm eating and how much exercise I'm doing. I think it can be useful!

What did you use/do? You have done awesome!!
  • crystal45042
    Options
    I went from a job where I was sitting constantly to a job where I was on my feet constantly. I didn't deprive myself from anything. From past experiences dieting I would just fall off the wagon and binge eat everything!!! So if I wanted pizza I would eat pizza. But I would eat one slice and have a huge side salad on the side. Same with anything else that wasn't considered healthy. I would always have a side that was healthy that was a bigger portion than the main dish. This helped extremely from binge eating!! I cut out soda drastically! I avoid fast food. I also did Walk Away the Pounds DVDs. And if I got a chance to go out dancing I would do it! You burn so many calories dancing! I hope this helps anyone. I know it helped me. I am what you would had called a yo yo dieter. But this is the first time I have stuck with it and I feel great!
  • momamia3
    momamia3 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    You look awesome.. great job... im feeling the same way and I'm working on myself. The time is now .....thats for the sharing ☺
  • bago08
    bago08 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Great Job.. Congratulations.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!