snack help please

Options
it is weigh in day tomorrow in the morning and right now I am sooo hungry!! Would it make any difference to tomorrows weigh in if i go grab something snacky now? what would have the least impact on my scales???

Replies

• briabner
    briabner Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Try a tablespoon of peanut butter, high in protein. Also, if you are just kinda bored and feel like you need to snack grab a ice cold bottle of water and drink the whole thing quickly. The water will naturally make you full without any calories
  • Eloveg
    Eloveg Posts: 25
    Options
    I like to chew gum when I want to snack on something.
  • alliebe
    alliebe Posts: 21
    Options
    If you have already ate what you normally do in calories, try eating ice. If you really feel your body needs a snack, eat something high in protein.

String cheese
    greek yogurt
    peanut butter celery
    cereal bar
    beef jerky (last resort - high in sodium).
  • MsKeelah919
    MsKeelah919 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I eat raw bell peppers. I do have some sort of dip with it, but just a small amount. Maybe a tablespoon and just put the bare minimum on each slice. I want to mention that I LOVE TO EAT, and normally this would NOT come out of my mouth, but...I cant help but notice that when I eat sliced peppers and dip. (currently, im using a thick blue cheese, by tmarzetti's--or veggie dip) I am full for a while. I realized it on accident, a coworker, in support of my efforts brought me a 'snack' to work. Needless to say, I was NOT pleased when I saw the peppers! lol Who would be? But I ate them, and realized that I had to REMIND myself to eat hours later!! Every now and again, I would try it again with the same results! :) Good luck!
  • sclosson
    sclosson Posts: 120
    Options
    try some raw veggies. I am never hungry, but I eat something small about every 2 hours. Once I let myself actually feel hungry, it's too late to stop myself from eating way tooo much and probably eat the wrong things.
  • JulieF11
    JulieF11 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Some snacks that will stay with you:

1. celery with a little almond butter on it.
    2. blueberries and a low-fat cheese stick
    3. 5-6 almonds and an apple
    4. turkey and grapes

I find if you combine the low fat proteins with the slower releasing carbs (like fruit or veggies) you stay satisfied longer... and losing weight isn't as painful a job.