Need more encouragement and inspiration!

Options
hey everyone. I'm Melissa. I started my weight loss journey about two months ago. I have lost. Nearly 20lbs already. But as I get closer to my goal, it seems to be getting more difficult, and it seems like the weight is coming off slower and slower. I need more encouragement and maybe some inspiration. I'd love to hear what has been working for you! For me, I set my goal calories quite low, (1200), and I run every day for 35 minutes. This has been working for me so far, but I'm thinking its time to add something new. Feel free to add me!

Replies

• thegreatcanook
    thegreatcanook Posts: 2,419 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me for support! You are off to a great start!
  • ilovecereal1982
    ilovecereal1982 Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    Melissa!!!! Lemme say this...you are freaking fantastic!! And I'd totally give you a valentine if we were in high school and they were doing those like pass around your valentines on valentine's day thing....oh wait...maybe that was in elementary. ..yep it was...ok Re read this post but substitute in elementary for high school...anywho...ummm..keep it up buttercup. ..
  • a5m5b5
    a5m5b5 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Dang girl!! Way to go!
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Aw Melissa you are PERSEVERING which is not just walking down your journey to a better self, but SKIPPING down it! Take time to appreciate all you have accomplished! REVEL in the dance girl! I am old but you can add me if ya wanna.
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    oh and the dude up a bit called you a BUTTERCUP.....how cool is that??? :smiley:
  • ilovecereal1982
    ilovecereal1982 Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    Annr wrote: »
    oh and the dude up a bit called you a BUTTERCUP.....how cool is that??? :smiley:

Oh you bet your behind I did!!!!
  • robper13
    robper13 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you like.
  • Littlemissyfit
    Littlemissyfit Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Hehe thanks everyone :)
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Hi Melissa - You've done amazing so far, well done! :)
    As for the last few pounds, they are going to be slow unfortunately! As you are nearing your goal weight, you'll need to up your calories so you are losing 0.5 per week instead of 2lb per week - you'll be able to eat more but as you'll be transitioning to maintenance soon, this is a good way to get used to higher calories. Good luck!
  • suzaka
    suzaka Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Congrats Melissa and good for you. Don't be discouraged about not losing as much weight as you first did when you started, that is not uncommon at all. Your body adapts to things, so changing an exercise program up might help you further your goals.