Help me find my perfect smoothie recipe...

Options
Hi Guys

Just about to acquire a Ninja blender from my good friend @jase2004uk and I'm after the best ideas for green savoury/protein/breakfast smoothies.

I say savoury - I'm liking the green recipes - avocado, spinach, kale, chillies, you name it (dare I say garlic with ginger). Ideally after a good website (there's just loads, chock full of chocolate and coffee recipes)!

Something filling - perhaps with seeds, maybe best suited to breakfast, or post workout?

Do your magic MFP people :D

Replies

• oh_happy_day
    oh_happy_day Posts: 1,138 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    This makes two serves - one ripe banana, one pear, one Apple, couple of celery sticks, ginger, lemon juice, baby spinach and iceberg lettuce. It's generally around 140 calories so it's more snack than meal. I sometimes add chia seeds or an extra banana for added creaminess and more calories. It's an easy recipe to play with and add different green things too.
  • ewrook
    ewrook Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    1 cup (or container) nonfat plain yogurt or kefir, 1/4 cup oatmeal, 1 banana, 1 cup kale, 1 teaspoon green matcha powder. water to good consistency. this is less than 300 calories, filling. Very high in protein if you use greek yogurt. If you want something lighter, use almond milk. You can increase the oatmeal to half a cup if desired. I use the Old Fashioned oats. A little chunk of fresh ginger makes it quite interesting too!
  • scottwilson16
    scottwilson16 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    This is one from Alan Aragon:

Walnuts
    Whey (chocolate)
    Espresso
    Frozen banana
    Cocoa powder
    Oats (optional for consistency)
  • mazzy1026
    mazzy1026 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Love em thanks!
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    I also add turmeric but only 1/2 a teaspoon- a full one was too strong. My basic recipe 1/2 banana, unsweetened whey protein powder, unsweetened coconut/ almond milk and greens (spinach, or spinach/kale blend or tbs of power greens powder) and 1/2 tsp turmeric. Not too sweet, the banana just helps to balance the bitter from the greens.
  • amgreenwell
    amgreenwell Posts: 1,268 Member
    Options
    My "every morning" smoothie: 1 banana, 1/2 cup milk, 1/2 cup kale, 1 cup frozen fruit, splash of oj... you can sub yogurt for milk and you can add just about anything to this and use whatever frozen fruit you have. If you use fresh fruit be sure to add some ice so you'll get a cold smoothie. Enjoy! I've been putting kale in lots of stuff and as long as you get some acidity in there too it is delicious.
  • Eliza899vt
    Eliza899vt Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    this is my go to lunch smoothie.....it's great for breakfast as well....makes a lot, so I have a snack later

1 banana (frozen or fresh)
    half an avocado
    1/2 cup frozen mango
    1/2 cup frozen pineapple
    bunch of fresh mint
    two big handfuls of spinach
    1 cup coconut water or almond milk
    1/4 cup of cacao powder if I'm feeling the need for chocolate
  • mazzy1026
    mazzy1026 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Thanks a lot - these look great B)
  • threadmad
    threadmad Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Truckload of recipes here https://www.nutriliving.com/recipes. It's Nutribullet, but the recipes should work.
  • saviola1232
    saviola1232 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    My favorite is a scoop of vanilla protein powder, half of a frozen banana, a cup of unsweetened vanilla almond milk, and a dash of cinnamon. Sometimes I'll add a spoonful of peanut butter.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    2 c spinach
    1/4 avocado
    1/4 c hemp
    1/4 c coconut cream
    1-2 kiwi or 1/2 - 1 mango
    Mini cucumber
  • mpat81
    mpat81 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    My breakfast this morning - 1/2 cup pumpkin puree frozen in ice cube tray, 1 frozen banana, 1 chobani simply 100 vanilla Greek yogurt, 1 packet vanilla carnation instant breakfast, 1 1/2 cup milk, 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice. Makes 3 servings for less than 250 calories each.