Aussie Girl wantin to feel better and healthier

Options
Hi my name is Danielle,
Im a 27 year old health care professional, so i know what i need to do in order to be healthy. Its the motovation part that lets me down. Im hoping this app gives me better insight into what im putting into my body. Ive already realised i eat too much sugar, its amazing how many things its in!!! I really need to get off my *kitten* and do more exercise. I have a relatively sedentary desk job, by the time i get home from work im buggered! So i need to get motivated to do exercise in the mornings! Im 65kgs and 155cm tall. I want to lose 7kg and feel healthy and have the best body i can get, im not looking for perfection, just an improvement that makes me feel good about being healthy.

Replies

• huggly11
    huggly11 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    You can do it i have 40kilos i need to loose. Feel free to add me as a friend :)
  • Patttience
    Patttience Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    I know what 65kgs feel like. But i'm 10cm taller than you so i'm trying to imagine what its like to be 65kg at your height. Anyway,

I would not say that health care professionals necessarily know what they have to do lose weight. Doctors are notoriously lacking in education about nutrition and weightloss methods. Why should be any better at it.

For a start, you can lose weight without extra daily exericse. Yes you should do it for your health but you can lose weight just by quitting the sweets and eating more nutritious food and consuming less calories than you burn. I know thsi because its what i did.

If, however, 52kg is at the low end of your bodyweight, you may find it essential to do regular exercise to maintain it because you will want to eat more than your maintenance would allow.

One thing you might consider is just walking 30 minutes to work and back each day. Catch the transport for the rest of the time. I used to enjoy my walk to work when i did that years ago. Now i just walk or run a bit on the day beach each day with my dog. Its easy for me because i HAVE to take my dog and i do'nt have to work.

Another thing you could do, is just do something on the weekends. But something that's more fun than just working out, laps in the pool or kilometres running. Join a sporting club. Make it part of your social life. You are bound to be able to keep up that sort of activity for longer.

But remember if you only want to lose weight, just eat better and eat less. Get plenty of sleep at night and be organised in the kitchen so that you are not too buggered to cook yourself a decent meal.