Reasonably priced running gear?

Options
I have a few Fall pieces, but I'm looking to expand my running wardrobe. Are there any websites or stores you can recommend where I can find good (but cheap) running gear?

Replies

• patrikc333
    patrikc333 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    in UK, Karrimor, cheap but lasting long and fitting well (at least in my experience)
  • Spike_G
    Spike_G Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    patrikc333 wrote: »
    in UK, Karrimor, cheap but lasting long and fitting well (at least in my experience)

Not as good as they once were (pre Sports direct ownership) but certainly reasonably good value still. Trainers are a bit hit and miss and I've yet to find a pair I was truly happy with but that's the one bit of running gear I won't skimp on anyway.
  • armylife
    armylife Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Spike_G wrote: »

Not as good as they once were (pre Sports direct ownership) but certainly reasonably good value still. Trainers are a bit hit and miss and I've yet to find a pair I was truly happy with but that's the one bit of running gear I won't skimp on anyway.

This has been my experience with them also, since SD took over. You can look online at REI, they generally have good equipment at good prices.
  • patrikc333
    Options
    I like the X-lite stuff - since when SD owns them?
  • questionfear
    questionfear Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    TJ Maxx/Marshalls often has name brand stuff for cheaper.

And Target's C9 stuff is reasonably priced and ridiculously durable. I have C9 clothes I bought 8 years ago and they're still in good enough shape to use regularly.

You can also try Old Navy, but check the quality.
  • SoleSister1234
    SoleSister1234 Posts: 16 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    What about in USA? :)
  • MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,388 Member
    Options
    I like buying work out clothes from Old Navy, especially during sales. Shoes, I don't go cheap on and usually get them from a local running store.
  • cheshirecatastrophe
    cheshirecatastrophe Posts: 1,395 Member
    Options
    Target (Champion/C9 line); Meijer; Kohl's online (Fila especially); Wal-Mart's Danskin stuff isn't even terrible.

You can probably get some good deals on last season's gear at Moosejaw and Backcountry online, but this is the nicer stuff, so "good deal" on running tights still puts you in the $50 range.

That said, I'd say winter running tights are one area where the splurge is worth it. Good ones last *forever*, and make *such* a difference in January.
  • armylife
    armylife Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    What about in USA? :)

REI is US based any they carry tons of outdoor and trail running equipment as well as camping and alpining gear. I also like TJ Maxx, inexpensive but not cheap. However, I rarely see really good cold weather gear there.
  • azelizabeth
    azelizabeth Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Sierra trading, sign up for the newletter and you will get coupons. I usually wait for a 40% off and then shop. I have gotten land End swimsuits for $14, Brooks running shoes for $50, New Balance thermal running tights for $30, Moving comfort bras, etc. Great deals but you need to hunt the site.
  • Spike_G
    Spike_G Posts: 149 Member
    Options

2005 ish iirc. SD owns the brand so things tend to get made cheap, and sold at a huge 'discount' from alleged RRP to make them seem great value.
    TBH most of it is fine but as before I don't really like the running trainers or walking boots that much.
  • patrikc333
    Options
    Spike_G wrote: »

2005 ish iirc. SD owns the brand so things tend to get made cheap, and sold at a huge 'discount' from alleged RRP to make them seem great value.
    TBH most of it is fine but as before I don't really like the running trainers or walking boots that much.

thanks - didn't know it!

and it explains the huge discounts

I won't by trainers from them, but I do like their running shirts/shorts
  • questionfear
    questionfear Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    Oh, and if you're looking for really quality stuff, you can try checking discounters like TheClymb.com, Leftlanesports.com, etc. Still a bit pricey sometimes but you can get deep discounts if you hunt around and are patient.
  • deluxmary2000
    deluxmary2000 Posts: 981 Member
    Options
    Definitely Old Navy! I'm not a fan of their regular clothes, but their workout clothes are great. Their pants fit really well, and hold up well in the wash. And if you get them on sale, they're a great value.
  • rrcoffey
    rrcoffey Posts: 72 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Definitely Old Navy! I'm not a fan of their regular clothes, but their workout clothes are great. Their pants fit really well, and hold up well in the wash. And if you get them on sale, they're a great value.

This! I've had great luck with fit and wear of the bras and pants, especially. I also love Title Nine, but I wouldn't describe them as cheap.
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    Adding to the Old Navy love. They run sales quite often, too. I don't skimp on shoes, though.
  • Roxie65
    Roxie65 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Academy Sports has an expensive brand of workout wear I bought capris for 13.00
  • 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    Sierra trading, sign up for the newletter and you will get coupons. I usually wait for a 40% off and then shop. I have gotten land End swimsuits for $14, Brooks running shoes for $50, New Balance thermal running tights for $30, Moving comfort bras, etc. Great deals but you need to hunt the site.

STP is fantastic! Over half my running stuff came from there at a steep discount. I do find the daily sales to be a bit tedious though.

Costco is also a great place for clothes.

• Roxie65
    Roxie65 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I meant inexpensive line I think it's BCG or something like that.
  • RenewedRunner
    RenewedRunner Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I like Road runner sports. Google coupon codes and get their VIP membership (.99 cents!). I usually shop there or REI. LOOOOVE the Rei quality guarantee!!!