Feels like bread lodged in my chest

Options
Okay, so since Monday morning, I have felt like a slice of hard bread is lodged in my chest! It hurts! It is in the middle of my chest just under the breast bone. Food has not made it worse. It does not feel like a muscle. Water doesn't help. Any ideas?

Replies

• AngieM76
    AngieM76 Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    I dont really have anything to help you but I would get it looked at. Not to scare you but my old co workers husband had a "stuck pill" feeling and it was actual him having heart issues.
  • Sunshine_Girlie
    Sunshine_Girlie Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I don't know if this will help or not, but I googled some of what you said and came across this.

http://gerd.emedtv.com/gerd/severe-gerd-symptoms.html
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Call your doctor right away. It may be nothing but that could be an early sign of sometihng serious. Don't take chances!
  • milaxx
    milaxx Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    time to call the doctor. that dies not sound good.
  • germangirl88
    germangirl88 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I work on a Cardiac Unit in a hospital, get that checked out asap, pain or a heavyness is not a good thing. When you get blood drawn (if you do) ask them what your Tropin level was. If its positive (over .01) you may have had a heart attack and it depends on how high the reading is that will determine how much the heart was damaged.They will also do a EKG and such to make sure that thats what was happening. It could also be (if that were positive) myocarditis or CHF.
  • catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    Ok, you really should get it checked out, we are not Drs and even if we were virtual diagnosis shouldn't be used....

But have you done lots of upper body work? Eaten something very hot and just swallowed it? Where you are describing the pain sounds like where i get a strange pain after overdoing the crunches. If it was a little higher up it sounds like when I ate something straight out the microwave(massive bite of heated up saveloy!), too hot so swallowed and OMG the pain, it lingered for over a week, felt like there was an obstruction...Dr reckoned that I had burned my oesophagus and caused a blister, hence the obstruction feeling...

Even if a possible reason does come to mind you should still get it checked out, better safe than sorry
  • Charice
    Charice Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I had a similar pain several years ago (OK, almost 20) and it turned out to be my gall bladder. Surgery took care of the problem. I would suggest you get it checked because there may be things the Dr can tell you to do without surgery, and as the earlier post says, it could be heart issues.

Good luck.
  • squishycow7
    squishycow7 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    I'd go to the hospital...
  • Jenscan
    Jenscan Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    OMG, I have had this too... for about the last couple weeks, and thought I was insane. Hmm. Maybe we should call a doctor!
  • joeysrib
    joeysrib Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Could be a stricture, go to the Dr.
  • evenidomhnaill
    Options
    I have had a problem with my throat for about15 years now first got it when i was about 13. Food would get stuck in my throat and i would have major pain in my chest (top of rib cage) Mainly bread, rice, meat etc would get stuck and I would have to drink water to force it back up. Now I have to have a drink at every meal just in case. When I was pregnant with my first child I had really bad reflux so they did a scope and discovered I have a hiatus hernia so I would recommend getting it checked out better safe than sorry.
  • PrairieRoseNE
    PrairieRoseNE Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I had a similar pain several years ago (OK, almost 20) and it turned out to be my gall bladder. Surgery took care of the problem. I would suggest you get it checked because there may be things the Dr can tell you to do without surgery, and as the earlier post says, it could be heart issues.

Good luck.

Gallbladder issue is what I first thought of too - but see your Doctor. Gallbladder issues can turn nasty. Hope you will go & have it checked!!!
  • bugnbeansmom
    bugnbeansmom Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    So I finally gave up and went to the doc. They could not find much of anything other than some fluid on my lungs (probably from my allergies) and my heart apparently skips a beat and double beats every now and then but nothing that will be harmful. Thing is, now I am totally tired and short of breath often! I have been to a cardiologist. might have to go the pulminologist (sp?) Not a heart attack though so that is good.
  • joeysrib
    joeysrib Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Thanks for updating us, I will keep you on my prayer list.