In need of HELP!!

staceyktaylor
staceyktaylor Posts: 18
edited September 28 in Health and Weight Loss
I need help with a bit of everything really. I dont seem to be getting anywhere with weight loss even though i am eating a lot less and a lot healthier and its starting to get me down now as i really wanted to be in shape for my holiday which is 3 week on Thursday. I work all day and im pretty tired when i get home so i dont really have time to go the gym. Does anyone have any tips on exercises that are good to do at home, what exercises do you get the best affects from? and do you have any healthy lunch ideas that i could do at work.

Any help is appreciated :)

Replies

• helloburger
    helloburger Posts: 243 Member
    I do jogging around my area for 20-30mins, then once i get home and can breath, i do 2 sets of ten push ups, reverse sits ups, lunges with weights, squats, hammer curls, bicep curls etc, just general weight/ muscles exercies
  • Rollyrover
    Rollyrover Posts: 68 Member
    well i was the same. I started eating more healthier breakfast. Like multi grain bread and or muesli.
    I try really hard not to drink soda drinks. not sure if u drink soda but cut it out, i changed to orange juice mixed with water, 70-30 in favor of water. Not too many in a day tho.

Its hard to change after a life time of bad eating.
    Good luck ok
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    I recommend opening your food diary- it's pretty hard to make recommendations with such limited information.
  • Ive opened up my food diary now.

i think i will try the jogging thanks 20-30mins doesnt seem to bad after work and ill see how i get on thanks.

As for soda i have cut that out which was really hard with the occasional diet coke however at weekends i seem to go really down hill when i was at school i did p.e 3 times a week plus running for the school and also thai boxing so i could eat whatever i want, then i went to college and had no money for thai boxing and no physical education as i took media so started gaining weight, now im in my 2nd year uni and have even less time its so hard going from eating anything and being very slim to what i am now.
  • helloburger
    helloburger Posts: 243 Member
    ive just had look through at your food diary there can be easy changes for example using skimmed milk instead of whole milk, maybe missing out the crisps and magnums during the week and only rewarding yourself them at the end of the week. also is it possible for you to exercise in the morning? as usually i find if i exercise it the morning it makes me eat healthier during the day,,, plus make sure to fill up on water! it can help you lose water weight ( i lost 3 lbs in a week due tonupping my water intake to 3 glasses )
This discussion has been closed.