IF anyone?(Intermittent fasting)

Options
chicoadm07
chicoadm07 Posts: 32 Member
edited October 2015 in Fitness and Exercise
on my off days I like to fast once a week. Anyone else like IF? I usually consume my calories at night and give myself a 4hr window. Any tips on IF would be appreciated.

Replies

• armylife
    armylife Posts: 196 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    This site: http://www.leangains.com/?m=1 has a lot of information and could be blamed/praised with starting the fad of IF in the mainstream about 8-10 years ago. I am not a huge fan. Some of the science and anthropology they cite is not correct.

That being said, some people love it and swear by it.
  • chicoadm07
    Options
    Awesome! Thank you for the link!
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,716 Member
    Options
    I do it. Mainly because that's my normal eating habits.
  • chicoadm07
    Options
    Lol lucky!!!
  • dlm7507
    dlm7507 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    As pointed out in "Eat, Stop, Eat", it is the only way a small woman can ever enjoy a real meal when trying to do fat loss with diet since caloric deficit is such a low number for them. Spread that fasting day's calories over the other six days from MFP and the likelihood of giving up because denying yourself any food pleasure is unsustainable over the long term gets reduced.
  • dlm7507
    dlm7507 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    A moderately active 40 year old 5 foot zero woman at 130 lbs has a RMR of 1447 and for 2 lbs per week fat loss her daily goal calories would be 957 without exercise and with that RMR it would take a lot of exercise.