New Quest bar limited edition flavor coming!

Options
1235»

Replies

• Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    Has anyone tried the Victory bars? They look the same as quest, but with sugar instead of stevia. nx6mu43g1pp4.png

I have...threw it away. The texture is weird and taste not great

I tried the Fit Elite Cookie Dough Bar, & that one tasted so artificial & my sister said it reminded her of Laffy Taffy.

My favorite bar at the moment is Combat Crunch's Birthday Cake. It's very sweet for those that don't like sweet bars.

pGNC1-19960800t300x300.jpg

I thought the combat bars were a little high in calorie for me. I've heard they are good though

Quest Bars are just as high in calories when you don't take net carbs into account...

And I was wondering about that too. What are the combat bars? 200-210 or more?

Combat are good and only about 200-210 I think. They are good but I wouldn't say AS GOOD as the quest bar old recipe. They are pretty good but the middle is a little chewy and "typical protein bar taste" for me.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Has anyone tried the Victory bars? They look the same as quest, but with sugar instead of stevia. nx6mu43g1pp4.png

I tried the Fit Elite Cookie Dough Bar, & that one tasted so artificial & my sister said it reminded her of Laffy Taffy.

My favorite bar at the moment is Combat Crunch's Birthday Cake. It's very sweet for those that don't like sweet bars.

I thought the combat bars were a little high in calorie for me. I've heard they are good though

Quest Bars are just as high in calories when you don't take net carbs into account...

Combat are good and only about 200-210 I think. They are good but I wouldn't say AS GOOD as the quest bar old recipe. They are pretty good but the middle is a little chewy and "typical protein bar taste" for me.

I tried one of the Birthday Cake in the microwave today, & found it even better than just out of the wrapper.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options

I tried one of the Birthday Cake in the microwave today, & found it even better than just out of the wrapper.

I've never tried warmed! Thanks for the tip, I will try next time.
  • lulucitron
    lulucitron Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    This is the protein bar recipe I use. It's quick and super easy. Her website is amazing.

http://www.busybuthealthy.com/banana_nut_protein_bars/
  • lulucitron
    lulucitron Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I use coconut sugar and just 1/8 cup. I've made them before without any sweetener and they're good but I don't like things overly sweet.
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    I'm considering making my own, but I'd have to stick with one flavor, because stocking a bunch of protein powders would just not happen. I'm not getting along with that aftertaste at all.
  • BarneyRubbleMD
    BarneyRubbleMD Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    I think I've been lucky enough to not try the reformulated bars. Have they made any changes to the chips or the protein powder? I was fine with a few varieties of chips and LOVE the strawberry flavor.

I don't think they have, but don't quote me on that. You are lucky they have a weird aftertaste to them now and tastes "corny" to me lol. Almost like dry, floury, and cakey. Idk how to describe it, but it's just not pleasant and the aftertaste is weird. It is missing the "addictive" flavor I used to like, which I think was the "ooglisarcharides" ingredient that is no longer in them.

Thanks! I didn't know about the reformulated Quest protein bars--maybe I'll try them again someday & hoping they don't have that "addictive" flavor anymore (& don't mess up my blood sugars).

I got seriously "hooked" on the "old" formula Quest bars because of that "addictive" flavor due to the pre-biotic fiber (isomalto-oligosaccharides) they were using (which really isn't a fiber in the conventional sense). I couldn't not eat just one Quest bar & ended up eating through a whole box or two of them (12-24 bars) in one sitting and ended up buying them again the next day--I ended up gaining about 35 pounds over a 6 week period because of them. They also were horrible for my blood sugar--one Quest bar raised my blood sugar (I'm diabetic) by 40 mg/dL which is about how much of a rise I get for an entire meal but after a meal I feel full whereas after eating one Quest bar I was always hungry. Now I avoid them completely but maybe the new formulation won't affect me the way they have in the past. I'm not quite ready to take that risk again as I'm still "recovering" from that weight gain but eventually I'd like to since I really liked the Chocolate Brownie and PB&J flavors.
  • verapal
    verapal Posts: 38 Member
    Options

• verapal
    verapal Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Victory bars are wonderful. Specially peanut butter flavor and oatmeal cookie flavor.
  • erimethia_fekre
    erimethia_fekre Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Definitely pumpkin pie, I won't be trying. I hate the new formula, they all taste yucky now.

lol you were the one who first pointed it out, and I have noticed it now :( I found a few cookie dough bars mixed in a box at my grocery with the old formula. Do you remember if the new one is the light brown or the dark brown packaging?

The old formula comes in trays with flaps on the sides. The new formula comes in trays that have perforated tops. I haven't tried either because I can't have stevia, but I do stock them at work and that's the biggest difference I've noticed.

Not true. They've been coming into my store in both versions in both style boxes.