HATING Office Life Right Now

Options
2»

Replies

• celinend
    celinend Posts: 30 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Our office is small but almost all women. I'm always hot and everyone else is freezing - I'll have a fan on while my coworker has blankets and a heater, lol.

Anyways, they're all nice ladies, but I need to get on the vent train real quick...
    - Woman in the cube behind me is SO noisy. Either she's talking to me, talking to herself, or sneezing/sniffling as loud as humanly possible. Not contagious, she's admitted that it's allergies but won't take her meds!!
    - The burnt popcorn smell in the microwave has lingered for weeks now.
    - Somebody leaves used coffee discs in the coffee maker for days. God only knows what's breeding in there.
    - Other woman yells into the phone. Can hear her from the other side of the office and behind closed doors. Have mentioned this to her multiple times, she laughs and continues to yell into the phone.
    - Shared floor bathroom is a damn war zone, so now I go downstairs.
  • Jaffsa
    Jaffsa Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I feel for you, time to ask for your own office
    Ha! I wish I was important enough for my own office.
  • WarDamnJay
    WarDamnJay Posts: 1,916 Member
    Options
    I've got several guys in my office that clip their fingernails at work. That damn sound echoing through the office drives me insane!!! Thank God it's Friday!
  • Jaffsa
    Options
    ejinvt wrote: »
    Raise your hand if you think it's DISGUSTING to clip your nails at your desk. I certainly do, but several of the people in my office apparently did not get this memo. Gross...

Oh, and we're including a cover sheet with all TPS reports now. Did you get the memo?

Wait.... what?!?!? Clipping FINGERNAILS?!?!?! I would puke.
  • Jaffsa
    Options
    WarDamnJay wrote: »
    I've got several guys in my office that clip their fingernails at work. That damn sound echoing through the office drives me insane!!! Thank God it's Friday!

Your so right about that! TGIFF.. (I added an extra F in there... ha.)
  • sw33tp3a11
    sw33tp3a11 Posts: 4,646 Member
    Options
    After reading all that I still want an office job. I like a challenge lol
  • Jaffsa
    Options
    And now, I am sitting here listening to the woman next to me eat, what has to be, the biggest apple of all-time, because it's been going on for a while, now.

If it makes you feel any better.. now someone's taping up a box that seems to be the size of Jupiter's ball sack. I think the entire roll of packaging tape is doomed.
    Happy. Monday.
  • Metz150mx
    Metz150mx Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    the office life is so crazy!!!!! i can relate to all these issues!!!!! i have a 1 upper that sits behind me, no matter who or what the case may be she has something way better and wont let you finish what you have to say!!! the nasty yearly cough is the worst!!!
  • branflakes1980
    branflakes1980 Posts: 2,516 Member
    Options
    Metz150mx wrote: »
    the office life is so crazy!!!!! i can relate to all these issues!!!!! i have a 1 upper that sits behind me, no matter who or what the case may be she has something way better and wont let you finish what you have to say!!! the nasty yearly cough is the worst!!!

Oh, the one uppers. They are the best. I work with one other woman in my office now and she is the most miserable, unhappy person I have ever met in my life. She literally growls at people, and she smells bad. I need a new job. . .

• Metz150mx
    Metz150mx Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Metz150mx wrote: »

Oh, the one uppers. They are the best. I work with one other woman in my office now and she is the most miserable, unhappy person I have ever met in my life. She literally growls at people, and she smells bad. I need a new job. . .

that person must have a clone!!!! one of the things i love/hate, is when customers bring in donuts!!!! OMG i have a killer sweet tooth, so hard to resist
  • Jaffsa
    Options
    138shades wrote: »
    I just don't like coworkers.

SAME.

• Jaffsa
    Options
    I work with one older woman who is the Debbie Downer of the office. One Monday morning last summer, one of the girls in the office was saying to another girl how beautiful the weather was over the weekend and how she had caught some rays, etc. Immediately, this woman comes over (was not involved in the conversation at all, up to this point) and starts talking about skin cancer...

hahahaha I have a similar story to this too--
    My 2 (pretty cool) coworkers were in an elevator last week with 1 other woman we work with,but not closely. We were talking about what we were going to have for lunch (exciting right?)- This other woman chimes in and goes, "I had to put my cat down on thursday"..
    The doors to the elevator opened and the 3 of us walked out.. hahaha I felt terrible, but it was like.. WHAT?!
  • BaconBae
    BaconBae Posts: 4,568 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    The drilling below my cube is driving me mad. I feel like I've been kidnapped by aliens who are trying to drill into my skull and yank my brain out. How the hell am I supposed to work? This is ridiculous. OMFG it's going on as I type this. KILL ME NOW.]

i can't even hear my music!!! UGH
  • Jaffsa
    Options
    ind1983 wrote: »
    The drilling below my cube is driving me mad. I feel like I've been kidnapped by aliens who are trying to drill into my skull and yank my brain out. How the hell am I supposed to work? This is ridiculous. OMFG it's going on as I type this. KILL ME NOW.]

i can't even hear my music!!! UGH

Oh no! That sounds horrible!!!! Get out of there!