sweet tooth

Options
Ok so I have been at this healthy eating for about a week now and I usually do ok, but today I am having a serious sweets craving!!! And the fruit just isnt cutting it! : ( Any suggestions???... I would really like a giant bowl of icecream with hot fudge and cool whip... that would be great!.. LOL

Replies

• PrairieRoseNE
    PrairieRoseNE Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I like to buy frozen lo-cal fudge pops or lo-cal yogurt bars for those "cravings". There's just something yummy about indulging in a frozen treat. Or if you like fruit, but don't want to eat it the "usual" way - try making fruit smoothies in the blender. Banana & pineapple chunks frozen first, then blended together with frozen strawberries are yummy!! Sometimes a person has to be creative in order not to go over your calorie allowance :)
    Good luck!!
  • tlynnweb
    tlynnweb Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I buy the sugar free fudgesicles and I take one, melt it for 10 seconds in the microwave, just to get it off the stick. Put it in a small bowl with a tbsp of peanut butter--mix it all up and it's delish!
  • PJmetts
    PJmetts Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I love Klondike 100 cal bars, also make soy/whey protien smoothies with chocolate soy milk that I freeze and eat like ice cream, very nummy! Low cal and good for you!
  • natersmama
    natersmama Posts: 157
    Options
    if you want something, budget it in. or eat it and work it off. denying yourself what you want and attempting to kill the craving by eating other things is just upping your calorie consumption. most likely you're going to eat it anyway. and why shouldnt you? moderation is key. just add it up and log it. enjoy. and dont feel guilty. i have sweet cravings everyday. and everyday i have chocolate. or animal crackers. or ice cream. something so i dont go totally off the wagon.
  • FluffyCorky
    FluffyCorky Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I usually run to the store and purchase Smart Ones ice cream. They have little sundaes that you just pop in the microwave and they turn out so delicious. They aren't too expensive and they come in small packs so there's a few addl in the house in case I want it again. PS - they are usually found in the freezer aisle with the lean cuisine and tv dinner stuff.
  • kristinwalker
    kristinwalker Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Not sure where you live but if there is a golden spoon around you they serve the most delicious frozen yogurt. Get a mini and it is only 100 cals. They have amazing flavors... That's what I do but avoid toppings. (the yogurt is 25 cals an ounce for nonfat and like 27 or 28 for low fat flavors). Either that or buy a bag of dibbs and eat 3-7. (A serving size is like 33 or something crazy). It gives you just enough to get through the craving. GOOD LUCK! I am a total sweet tooth!!!!
  • EDesq
    EDesq Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    Ok so I have been at this healthy eating for about a week now and I usually do ok, but today I am having a serious sweets craving!!! And the fruit just isnt cutting it! : ( Any suggestions???... I would really like a giant bowl of icecream with hot fudge and cool whip... that would be great!.. LOL

See, the problem is not eating the ice cream...ice cream is healthy and natural...the problem is the BIG BOWL! Heck, add what you want in your Eating Plan, just count the calories and other Nutrients. Everything depends on your Health goals. If your health goals and Food Budget can accommodate a sweet treat...Eat Up and stop feeling guilty!
  • kristinwalker
    kristinwalker Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I love Klondike 100 cal bars, also make soy/whey protien smoothies with chocolate soy milk that I freeze and eat like ice cream, very nummy! Low cal and good for you!

I LOOOOOOVVVVVEEEE these!! Klondikes are my all-time fav and their 100 cal bars are perfect!!!
  • veggievixen
    veggievixen Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Some go to fixes for my sweet tooth cravings....

1. Jello sugar free fat free chocolate pudding. (optional add in, a tablespoon of PB)

2. Low Fat Ricotta w/ unsweetened cocoa powder and splenda or whatever sweetener you prefer.

3. Dove dark squares, I've found I CAN eat just one and be satisfied for 55 cals.

4. Plain non-fat greek yogurt w/ cinnamon and blueberries.

5. Plain frozen yogurt w/ fruit.
  • las6_30
    las6_30 Posts: 6
    Options
    thank you all... these are some great suggestions! : )