pie_eyes
pie_eyes Posts: 12,965 Member
and don't know what to do with it...

Ideas?

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Eat it with a little salt and pepper. Smear it on toast. I eat mine with a little ketchup!
  • AntsyAngler
    AntsyAngler Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    My favorite to cut it half, score the inside several times two directions,and drizzle a bit of soy sauce or braggs amino acids in it. I add a spoonful of tahini when I have it. Eat with a spoon right out of the skin. It is really good.
  • michaelafoor916
    michaelafoor916 Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    make guac! a little jalapeno, red onion, lime juice, and salt. soooo good
  • pie_eyes
    Options

Now that's an idea
  • Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    Options
    Put it on a...

salad
    sandwich
    taco
    omelet
  • michaelafoor916
    Options

Now that's an idea

it's really easy. and if you've ever had chipotle's guac, that's where I got the recipe. I can find it if you want exact measurements of ingredients :) it's delicious
  • pie_eyes
    Options

Now that's an idea

it's really easy. and if you've ever had chipotle's guac, that's where I got the recipe. I can find it if you want exact measurements of ingredients :) it's delicious

Yeah I'm planning to make burritos tomorrow. I need to find a simple recipe - I got some ingredients but light on money
  • michaelafoor916
    Options
    2 Hass Avocados
    1/2 of a Jalapeno pepper, seeded, and minced
    1/4 of a red onion, finely chopped
    2 heaping Tablespoons of Cilantro, finely chopped
    1/4 of a lime, juiced
    1/4 teaspoon salt

Combine all of the ingredients into a bowl, and mash together until smooth. Add additional lime juice or salt to taste.

I omitted the cilantro because I didn't have any and it was good without it. very simple and cheap to make. I'm not sure where you live but all these things are very inexpensive. I bought a bottle of lime juice so I had it to make more in the future but if you just bought a lime to juice, it would be even cheaper (depending on how much a lime costs but I don't imagine it's much for just one)

enjoy :)

you could always throw whatever meat you wanted in a crockpot with seasonings and let it go all day on slow and shred it when you were ready to eat for the burritos. that's what I do and it's delicious and nice and juicy :)
  • townleyra
    townleyra Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I was in this situation for the first time last night as well!! (Shocked by its calorie content but discovered they taste really nice!)

I mashed mine into tuna, really filled me up!
  • pie_eyes
    Options
    townleyra wrote: »
    I was in this situation for the first time last night as well!! (Shocked by its calorie content but discovered they taste really nice!)

I mashed mine into tuna, really filled me up!

Compared to mayonnaise calories it doesn't compare, I think (I might be wrong)
  • yornma
    yornma Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    for some odd reason the header cracked me up "I got an avocado".. I just had to comment. :)
  • pie_eyes
    Options
    yornma wrote: »
    for some odd reason the header cracked me up "I got an avocado".. I just had to comment. :)

I thought it was funny too its true though ha

• Thowe92
    Thowe92 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    eatingwell.com/recipes/chocolate_avocado_shake.html

I like to make those whenever I get a hold of a good sized avocado
  • suzaka
    suzaka Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I love avocados. I tend to just eat it in a salad. I've also tried it with some lemon juice.
  • Ginnygirl5
    Ginnygirl5 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Tomatoes, black olives. Cut all up together and just eat it!
  • allaboutthefood
    allaboutthefood Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    so much you can do with it, you can make a pesto, guacamole, put it on toast, I really like slicing it and putting a poached egg on top. Just google so many great recipes
  • allaboutthefood
    allaboutthefood Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    oh and I also mix it in with hard boiled eggs or tuna instead of mayo
  • MiSo_SeXy
    MiSo_SeXy Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Avacado egg sandwhich!!
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    yornma wrote: »

It made me giggle too! :)

Lately I've been mashing 1/2 an avocado adding garlic powder, salt & lemon pepper and spreading it over 1 slice of toasted rye bread then topping it with an sliced hard-boiled egg. I find it so tasty and filling.