Started at 268, now 170

Options
Hello. I have always struggled with weight problems. My highest weight was 268. I was very insecure and never wanted pictures taken. One day I woke up and said "I'm done". "I'm gonna lose this weight!" I went out and got me a gym membership and started to eat healthier. Sure I still ate out but only once a week. I seriously think everyone should have 1 cheat meal a week to keep them going on the weight loss journey. The first month of working out I was getting very discouraged and wanted to give up. All the hard work I was doing and the scale wouldn't budge. It took about a month for the scale to start going down. Few months later I had a health issue occur and was diagnosed with PCOS and was prescribed metformin. I'm not a diabetic or prediabetic, but I had very high insulin levels due to the disease. This medication has no let my body process the sugars and food correctly. With healthy eating, working out and the medication, I've lost a total of 92 pounds! I always make sure to count my calorie intake and lower the fat consumed. If the calorie from fat is more than 25% of the calories, I say don't eat it.

Replies

• juxtapose13
    juxtapose13 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    that is amazing....u just gave me hope
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    Fantastic results. Great job.
  • MrsMizart
    MrsMizart Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    Very well done!
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! You have done very well. :)
  • mousie1973
    mousie1973 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    can i ask how tall are you? I am currently at 257 and my final goal weight i think is going to be about 170... I am 5'8"
  • FatimaStartsAllOver
    FatimaStartsAllOver Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Good Great awesome Job. How long did it take you?
  • ljparsons08
    ljparsons08 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I've been a couple weeks in and scale isn't budging also. Wonder why? Guess I'll keep going! Great job!
  • tjames30
    tjames30 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • mrs_mcp
    mrs_mcp Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I needed to read this tonight! Same situation as you in the beginning! You've given me hope! X
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Awesome inspiration.
  • rlmorton
    rlmorton Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Very awesome. I too am on metformin but when put on it I was considered prediabetic. That's when I woke up and needed to loss weight. I have a daughter I want to live for. So I started using my fitness pal. Watching my calories and drinking more water. I've lost just over 40lbs. And I'm starting to feel way better about myself.
  • wjcavalier09
    wjcavalier09 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    mousie1973 wrote: »
    can i ask how tall are you? I am currently at 257 and my final goal weight i think is going to be about 170... I am 5'8"

I'm 5'7
  • wjcavalier09
    Options
    Good Great awesome Job. How long did it take you?

Took a little over a year
  • CasperNaegle
    CasperNaegle Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Amazing work!!! Definitely an inspiration..
  • wjcavalier09
    Options
    rlmorton wrote: »
    Very awesome. I too am on metformin but when put on it I was considered prediabetic. That's when I woke up and needed to loss weight. I have a daughter I want to live for. So I started using my fitness pal. Watching my calories and drinking more water. I've lost just over 40lbs. And I'm starting to feel way better about myself.

I feel so much better losing all that weight. Makes me feel even better that I've made better food choices. Sure I still have chocolate/ candy cravings. But I don't have to eat a 300 calorie doughnut to get my fix. One treat that I love now is the fiber one chocolate brownies, and their only 90 calories! I don't have them everyday, but it's nice.
  • wjcavalier09
    Options
    Amazing work!!! Definitely an inspiration..

Thanks!
  • yokohama041965
    yokohama041965 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Outstanding!!! Keep it up!!!
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    outstanding accomplishment ....... hard work & determination win out !
  • CoffeeSlayer
    CoffeeSlayer Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Awesome! 268 was my starting weight too. I've been struggling lately. Thanks for your post :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!