Where do you eat out healthy in California

Options
I find it difficult to find good healthy places to eat when im on the go. Where do you guys like to eat if you are watching
Carbs
Fats
Protein
My go to place is chipotle until I find something else. How about you?

Replies

• ffswmn
    ffswmn Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Chipotle and Jersey Mike's
  • pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    What part of Cali
  • Marcus_2015
    Marcus_2015 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    California is one of the healthiest places to find good food... BUT, if you are talking about fast food, you are in for the same crap as in every other state!

You just need to find the healthier choices at these places (salads with chicken, grilled chicken sandwiches, etc.).

When I travel I use google maps and just put in the term "health food". Sometimes you find really interesting places.

R
  • masonsmomma
    masonsmomma Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Flame Broiler.
  • ivasconcelos
    ivasconcelos Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm in LA but you'll be surprise how hard is to find a good place to eat. I'm trying to do Paleo diet. Base on my goal I need to consume 1300 calories a day in order to get there. If you wanna know about Paleo http://robbwolf.com/what-is-the-paleo-diet/. Thanks for your suggestions.
  • Marcus_2015
    Marcus_2015 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    You are going to have to carry your own food for a true diet like this.

Hard to do for extended trips!

The other thing you can do is order certain dishes but just leave the stuff you can't eat.

R
  • betuel75
    betuel75 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    Pollo Loco, the grilled chicken salad is like 240 cal and super yummy and big and filling. I usually get a 80 cal chicken leg along side with it. Perfect lunch or dinner.
  • echmainfit619
    echmainfit619 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Define healthy.
  • ivasconcelos
    ivasconcelos Posts: 4 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Low cabs
    Good fats
    Lots of protein
  • Sarah4fitness
    Sarah4fitness Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Japanese food. Sashimi/sushi. Muscle Maker Grill. Anyplace that serves salad to which you can add lean steak or chicken breast or fish and do dressing on the side or bring your own. . .so. . . almost anywhere.
  • amillenium
    amillenium Posts: 281 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    I'm in LA but you'll be surprise how hard is to find a good place to eat. I'm trying to do Paleo diet. Base on my goal I need to consume 1300 calories a day in order to get there. If you wanna know about Paleo http://robbwolf.com/what-is-the-paleo-diet/. Thanks for your suggestions.

Are you kidding?! LA has to be one of the most any-kind-of-diet friendly places ever! Even with the paleo fad on its way out-- I still see restaurants advertise paleo friendly menus, substitutions, etc

To start here are some "one step above fast food chains":
    Tender Greens
    Lemonade
    Pono Burger
    Mondo Taco
    Sweet Fin Poke
    Greens Up

• lauraleefaith
    lauraleefaith Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Chipotle, True Food Kitchen and Tender Greens.
  • pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options

I'm in LA as well! LOTS of places to eat! I have found them all lol. Being a model/actor, you find the best places that are healthy and will alter the menu easily if you ask. Places like Lyfe Kitchen, Blu Jam Cafe, Seasons 52, True Food Kitchen, panini cafe....the list could go on and on. Many places will adjust to your diet/ nutrition needs as well.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Go to a fast food place for two cheese burgers. Throw away the bread.
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    Carl's Jr. Get your burger protein style (no bun, wrapped in lettuce). That's what I do. No sides. No sodas. Denny's. Marie Calendar's. Red Lobster. Just stay away from bread, potatoes and questionable sauces.
  • sistrsprkl
    sistrsprkl Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    Chipotle or how about all of the taqueria's? They should be great for paleo, all the meat...
  • ccisneros17
    ccisneros17 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Try waba grill!