Guilty Pleasure: "Vintage" Workout Videos

Options
Does anyone else love to workout to the oldies but goodies? I run regularly and strength train sometimes, but some days you just need to burn some calories without leaving the house. Some of my faves:

1) The original Cindy Crawford workout video from the 90s. I used to have it on VHS and now its on youtube.
2) Sweatin to the Oldies (blush)... I don't even have an explanation, but I do it and its fun.
3) Old Cathe Freidrich step videos. I LOVE a good step workout!

Any other suggestions? I'd love to get my hands on some old Jane Fonda workouts!

Replies

• justrollme
    justrollme Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    janiep81 wrote: »
    Does anyone else love to workout to the oldies but goodies? I run regularly and strength train sometimes, but some days you just need to burn some calories without leaving the house. Some of my faves:

1) The original Cindy Crawford workout video from the 90s. I used to have it on VHS and now its on youtube.
    2) Sweatin to the Oldies (blush)... I don't even have an explanation, but I do it and its fun.

Any other suggestions? I'd love to get my hands on some old Jane Fonda workouts!

OHMYGOSH that Cindy Crawford video is one of my all-time favorites!!! And Richard Simmons is ♥...actually, he's even more wonderful than I realized, which I learned after reading this post.

I also love Lotte Berk's ballet videos (lots on youtube, too!) They're old VHS from the 80's, and wow do I get results, even from just the warm-up video.
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,339 Member
    Options

I do too!! I love my Tony Little workouts, alternate days of Full Body Circuit and Buns of Steel...also have Cathy Smith....and a 3 video 10 minute ab zapper with three girls whose names I don't know, but I can hardly get off the floor after ten minutes! We still have two functioning VCR's, I think I will cry when they die on me!
  • TheBeachgod
    TheBeachgod Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    These 80s videos are fun to watch. I haven't actually tried to exercise to them.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=0GaNBsraHoU#

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RA1Y6ks2OPw
  • Ironmaiden4life
    Ironmaiden4life Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I'd love to get a copy of Cher's Step videos. I used to LOVE that work out.
  • christchick7
    christchick7 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    2 I recommend, although I can't do them anymore for physical reasons, are Jane Fonda's Complete Workout and Crunch Aerobics with Michael Perron. One I can and still do is Leslie Sansone's Walk Away The Pounds 4 Mile Super Challenge. JF was from the 80s, MP the late 90s,, and LS around 2000, I think.
  • janiep81
    janiep81 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I'd love to get a copy of Cher's Step videos. I used to LOVE that work out.

If you could turn back time...

• quiltlovinlisa
    quiltlovinlisa Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    2 I recommend, although I can't do them anymore for physical reasons, are Jane Fonda's Complete Workout and Crunch Aerobics with Michael Perron. One I can and still do is Leslie Sansone's Walk Away The Pounds 4 Mile Super Challenge. JF was from the 80s, MP the late 90s,, and LS around 2000, I think.

Leslie's four mile super challenge is one of my favorites!
  • Debmal77
    Debmal77 Posts: 4,770 Member
    Options
    I had a Jane Fonda workout record years ago. I wish I would have kept it! She's tough!
  • 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    These 80s videos are fun to watch. I haven't actually tried to exercise to them.

Exactly what I was thinking of.
  • Melonpaul
    Melonpaul Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Did this one the other day, LOVE IT! especially if I just need a break from taking it so seriously, exercise can be fun!
  • BlazeyBones
    BlazeyBones Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    It'll be the Green Goddess next!
    https://youtu.be/ZxSAovI_YKk
  • SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    I have to admit I too love Richard Simmons I also have Tony Little all on Dvd. LOL
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options

Goodwill & Salvation Army are good places to get videos on VHF. Surprisingly, many of these dub really easy to DVD.

They do make new step videos......last year Jenny Ford posted a Halloween workout (Zombie Step I think?)....look for that one, it was free.

Kathy Smith made a couple of step aerobic videos. Denise Austin....but she cues so poorly that I just get frustrated.

Gin Miller! The inventor of step aerobics.....she's really good.

The Cher videos are great. Step aerobics in fishnet stockings....only she cold pull that off.

Gilad - step aerobics, on the beach - with a Parrot!

• Ironmaiden4life
    Ironmaiden4life Posts: 422 Member
    Options

If you could turn back time...

I see what you did there.......... And I like it :D
  • Lena1967
    Lena1967 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Don't forget the Firm Aerobic Workout with Weights! Does anyone remember Master Instructor Susan Harris?

http://www.totalfitnessdvds.com/The-Firm-Body-Sculpting-Basics-DVD-Susan-Harris-p/2177.htm
  • JustMissTracy
    Options
    7lenny7 wrote: »

Exactly what I was thinking of.

Ha! Everyone laffs, but I'm actually old enough to admit being a teenager, and doing this at lunch with those ladies..lol
  • JustMissTracy
    Options
    I have to admit I too love Richard Simmons I also have Tony Little all on Dvd. LOL

Love me some Tony Little! He can shame my butt back into shape every time! Same for Tony Blanks (Banks?) KILLER!
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,446 Member
    Options
    I downloaded Callanetics once but couldn't get past its 80sness.
  • flaminica
    flaminica Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    You said "vintage" workout videos and I assumed you meant Jack Lalanne. Guess I'm showing my age.
  • TBeverly49
    TBeverly49 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    flaminica wrote: »
    You said "vintage" workout videos and I assumed you meant Jack Lalanne. Guess I'm showing my age.

I agree with you flaminica! Maybe some of them were watching JP Patches while we were trying to do Jack laLanne. :):o:)