Zumba

Options
Hi all

Does anybody else do zumba dancing, ive done an hours class tonight and had to put it down as aerobic dance,
but its very active and i think the calories burnt off would be more than ive guestimated!!

Replies

• TracyJaneLee
    Options
    I record zumba as 650 for an hour class, as the people who had monitors were all registering between 550 - 800 calories
  • knkmfp
    knkmfp Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I read elsewhere on internet that it's about 590 cal per hour, though obviously that depends on your weight.
  • natillypooch
    Options
    Thankyou, i thought i was doing it low, i put 390 cals but its a pretty tough workout x
  • poesch77
    poesch77 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    I did 48min off the PS3 Zumba today and the HRM said 500 calories......but it depends on your weight, age, and how hard you work at it!!!
  • mikesnwgirl
    mikesnwgirl Posts: 112
    Options
    I have always wondered this too. I think an hour work out come to 397 or something like that for me when I enter it as arobic dance. I can never eat back the calories even when I try so I just figure it doesn't really matter anyway. I really hope that they will get zumba in the data base soon! Maybe if we all complain about it! I love Zumba it's what first motivated to me start losing weight. I actually feel like I can do it and I want to got to class.
  • kellyscomeback
    kellyscomeback Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    I record zumba as 650 for an hour class, as the people who had monitors were all registering between 550 - 800 calories

I've never gone over 500 calories/hr with my HRM and the DVDs. But it's going to depend on your weight, workout length and intensity level. IMO it's better to under estimate than over.
  • natillypooch
    Options
    Ive just googled it and it said for 150lb person you can burn an average of 536 calories in an hrs work out, i mean i give it my all at the class and im shattered and sweating like mad when i finish, which has enabled me to have a nice treat of a caramel kit kat lol!
    Ive entered it into my database as 515 to be in the middle!