Help!

Options
117cheryl
117cheryl Posts: 14 Member
I need some ideas for healthy ,low cal,filling food ! It's my first day back and I'm starving

Replies

• TacoTina
    TacoTina Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I'd but try some oatmeal with fruit does job for me or yogurt w fruit
  • frontierfitness
    frontierfitness Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Malt-o-meal is fantastic for breakfast. Whenever I eat it I am not hungry until at least 4 hours later.
  • gramacanada
    gramacanada Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Real oatmeal. Not the instant. Vegetables. Foods that require actual chewing. Protein!
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    Please don't be afraid to eat. One common mistake people make when they decide to try to lose weight is giving up all the food they like and trying to eat only low-calorie, non-filling foods.
    A great way to lose weight that will be successful for you long-term, as well as enjoyable and not leave you feeling like you're starving is this: buy a food scale. Weigh the foods you are eating, so you know that you are being accurate when entering foods into your log. Measure caloric liquids as well. Still eat foods that you like to eat, just eat smaller portions of them (you will know what those portions are when you read the nutrition labels and start weighing your food). Also, don't just eat low calorie foods like fruits and vegetables. They don't fill you up, and you'll feel like you're hungry all the time. This leads to failure when you get tired of being hungry and either binge or give up altogether.
    Eat more satiating foods, like fats and proteins. Your body needs them! Carbohydrates also help with the full feeling. A good ratio of all three is best for success. Play with the ratio to find what works best for you.
    DON'T BE AFRAID OF FOOD. You need it, and it's good for you! The only time we run into trouble is when we eat too much of it. And if you are weighing and logging it, and sticking to your calorie deficit, you know exactly how much you are eating. You WILL lose weight.
    For more helpful information, read the first post in this thread: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1235566-so-you-re-new-here
  • 117cheryl
    117cheryl Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the advice :)
  • pwwalksalot
    pwwalksalot Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Apple with almond butter fills me up.
  • oocdc2
    oocdc2 Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    Fatty food.
    Not kidding: avocados, nuts, salmon, stuff like that.
    Many people on these forums have stated that, while calorie intake is key, and keeping up protein and fiber is important, eating fat is what keeps you feeling full, and it seems to have little to no effect on weight loss overall, as long as you're minding calories.
    In fact, fat keeps your brain functioning properly and other wonderful things. Good luck!
  • xmichaelyx
    xmichaelyx Posts: 883 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    oocdc2 wrote: »
    Fatty food.
    Not kidding: avocados, nuts, salmon, stuff like that.
    Many people on these forums have stated that, while calorie intake is key, and keeping up protein and fiber is important, eating fat is what keeps you feeling full, and it seems to have little to no effect on weight loss overall, as long as you're minding calories.

My thoughts exactly. The fewer carbs I eat, the more full I feel and the easier it is to eat within a caloric limit.

Just replacing some of your carb calories with fat might help.
  • last_jennifer
    last_jennifer Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    High fiber pasta, apples and peanut butter, porkchop with salsa or a cup of Wendy's chilli.