Future Nurse in Colorado

Options
Hi everyone! I'm looking for friends with similar goals for accountability and support, and I'd love to connect with some people locally too. If you live in Colorado, are a massage therapist or a nurse, or would just like a new, positive MFP friend, send me a request!

I'm a 26 year old Massage Therapist enrolled fulltime in a pre-Nursing program. I want to get heathy for many reasons, but my biggest motivation would be my future career.

I used MFP in the past and lost 50 pounds, but I've gained weight back and I'm ready to work hard to lose it again! I'm currently at 220. My ultimate goal weight is closer to 150, but I like to make smaller short-term goals, so for now my focus is to be under 200 pounds by the first of the year.

I'd love to get to know you and offer you support too!

Replies

• JessieLMG
    JessieLMG Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I'm a nurse in Ohio...only been nursing a little over a year.
  • kathydegraide
    kathydegraide Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    JessieLMG wrote: »
    Hey there! I'm a nurse in Ohio...only been nursing a little over a year.

• may5646
    may5646 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm a currently a nursing student in California. I will be graduating June of next year.
  • kathydegraide
    kathydegraide Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello there ! Looks like I hit something and posted someone else's response! Must be the hour, lol! So you are making a wise choice going into nursing! I have no regrets and love my job everyday, as crazy as it is at times, I have been a nurse for 20 years and in the medical field for omg way longer than you have been in this world. The problem with weight loss is that we have to think of it as a life style change. Can we have a bag of chips sure but we will pack the weight back on. Can we have a serving of chips and count the calories, absolutely ! I have learned the foods that trigger my out of control eating and I have to also learned that I am an emotional eater and have been really good as to not go down that road. I am a cardiac nurse, and what a hypocrite I felt like telling patients how to diet and stay away from sodium, when I was eating a big bag of sea salt chips for snack! Lol! When I hit 50 years old had emergency surgery for a bowel that had burst, we won't get descriptive, for all those folks that may read this that have a weak stomach, long story short I had 5 pretty major surgeries in 4 years. And ballooned to 278 lbs, one of the cardiologist I work with told me about mfp and 2 years later I have lost 80lbs looking foward to hitting the 100lb mark. The best of it all I started running , took me to 60 yrs old to run and it is just so great! Oh and I take Zumba 2 nights a week and just love it so much! My goal was to get to 160 lbs so that's another 58 lbs, but right now I am focus on hitting 100lbs , what a day that will be , oh and running my first 5k without waking at all , just run from start to finish! I believe that when I reach my goal I will be golden! Hey keep up the good work! You can do this . They call me the shrinking boss at work, lol ! And it feels good!