Lost 14 lbs in the last month... just looking for support! Friend me!

I've been using MFP for about a month now, and on top of watching my eating I've been exercising in the mornings... and apparently it's paying off! I just need some people who are committed and like showing support--and wouldn't mind sharing their food diaries to bounce meal ideas off of!

Replies

• _flawedperfectly_
    _flawedperfectly_ Posts: 34 Member
    14 lbs in a month is awesome! Congrats
  • aamerine08
    aamerine08 Posts: 45 Member
    @_flawedperfectly_ thank you!
  • falcon1960ft
    falcon1960ft Posts: 23 Member
    Congratulations, that's great. Keep it up!
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    You're doing great - keep it up! :)
  • DurhamBuckland
    DurhamBuckland Posts: 9 Member
    Well done! That's a great result! I'll friend you but my diet isn't very inspiring, I have IBD so have to follow a low residue diet!
  • 1jeffahag
    1jeffahag Posts: 5 Member
    hello,
    i just joined and have a goal of losing sixty pounds .. fourteen pounds in one month is amazing.
    I hope to do that in two months. Could use all the friends on here I can get to start me off.
  • dragons4663
    dragons4663 Posts: 1 Member
    I need to lose 50 lbs., would love to be a part of your group! Please add me... What is your meal plan?? It is obviously working!
  • Ataahua444
    Ataahua444 Posts: 17 Member
    Welcome to add me too. I still learning how to add people lol
  • aamerine08
    aamerine08 Posts: 45 Member
    Thank you all! I believe I've added all of you who added me, thank you for the support! I'm so excited to start forming my own little network on here.

@dragons4663 what I've been doing lately is a fruit and vegetable plan (no dairy, no meats, no sweets). It started with eating fruits and veggies only for two weeks (kind of to detox and explore my food options in these categories and learn how to get proteins from foods other than just meat alone). After the two weeks I've been limiting myself to 2-3 days a week that I will have a meal with meat/meal or a pure "cheat meal".

What I found out is that my eating habits before doing any meal changes were basically nothing but chicken and pasta with the occasional weekend pizzas/burgers to round it off. I definitely keep grains in diet (whole grain tortillas, quinoa, brown rice, whole grain pasta, etc.) but I try to avoid breads as much as I can. I eat eggs, but only in about one/two meals a week. And I'll also eat dairy (such as a cup of yogurt) about once a week and I still eat my cheeses but I use them very consciously now. I've also been staying away from milk by replacing it with almond milk in foods like cereal or oatmeal.

Oh, and here's a tip! If you miss meat in your meals, substitute it for tofu, tempah, or seitan... and don't be afraid to SEASON THEM just like you would meat (just be careful with the salt).

Other than that, I've just promised myself to wake up every morning (M-F) and work out for about 30 minutes. I'm not perfect at this and definitely not a professional but so far what I have been doing is working. Hope that helps!