Trying this gaining a little weight and had Gastricbypass su

tweenky21
tweenky21 Posts: 7
edited September 28 in Health and Weight Loss
I had gastricbypass surgery 7/2009 and since gained 10 ibs from snacking and want to pull that weight off and lose some more weight as well. i lost 100 ibs but i wanna lose another 50-60 ibs. Anyone else on here has had WLS surgery and struggling to lose weight too?

Replies

• onmyweightohappiness
    onmyweightohappiness Posts: 151 Member
    I had gastric bypass June 2010 and as of last week officially have lost 100 lbs. I want to lose another 30 lbs for sure and go from there. I've been struggling lately with losing some weeks the scale gives me a few lbs loss and last week was only a half a pound for no reason, frustrating as heck but I just try to keep moving along. I have the snacking urges too, tonight I am in a snacking mood and it sucks! The more you don't do it the easier it gets, the best thing is not keep any trigger foods in your house, I keep a lot of health snacks, like fruit and veggies, protein bars, Terra potato chips aren't bad either, I had some of those earlier. Greek yogurt is another one of my favorites and beef jerky! Ok let me stop talking bout all this food LOL My weight loss has been slow from the get go, at first it bothered me but I wouldn't have it any other way I have learned a lot through this process and realized I do have issues with food.
  • tweenky21
    tweenky21 Posts: 7
    Thats great about your 100 lbs loss. I feel that after losing a 100lbs its also been really hard for me to lose any weight alot has to do with snacking and not exercising but now i trying to watch what i eat again im also walking more. i had a bad couple of days and tommorrow im gonna get abck on the band wagon and do what it do
    Mina
  • onmyweightohappiness
    onmyweightohappiness Posts: 151 Member
    Well the lower we get in weight the harder its going to be, our body is fighting it. I work out 5-6 days a week, I have made it part of my daily routine, Monday thru Saturday I try to work out and Sunday is my rest day. I alternate, 3 of those days I am on the treadmill and the other 3 I do weight training. If I do snack I pick healthy choices and try to limit my snacks, my biggest downfall is at night right before bed I get hungry.
This discussion has been closed.