When do you stop feeling tired?

Options
That's it... when do you stop feeling tired? I have had 6 days exercise and am sleeping 8 hours. But am so tired when I wake up... Is this body adjusting? Or do you just get used to it when you exercise to feel so sleepy?

Replies

• rosnigetsfit
    rosnigetsfit Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Do you like your exercise routine? Do you eat enough food to fuel your body during exercises?
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,954 Member
    Options
    You say you're doing 6 day of exercise ... but what are you doing? There's a difference between, say, walking 30 minutes and, say, doing a heavy 2-hour gym workout.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    how much are you eating? I work out an hour almost every day and while im tired - its because of LIFE (kids, job, animals, house, etc), not the gym . also cause you know, i dont sleep. LOL
  • 20yearsyounger
    20yearsyounger Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    you stop feeling tired when you find the right equilibrium between the right level of exercise, the right level of sleep, and the right level of food. Maybe you are in to big of a deficit?
  • jdleanna
    jdleanna Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    When I began exercising I felt energized. The days I'm really tired tend to be the days I haven't eaten enough - the days I didn't eat back enough exercise calories the day before. Are you eating back at least some of your exercise calories? Your body needs extta fuel for exercise.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    Are you eating enough? whats your macros like? if you're going too low carb you are going to lack energy e.g.

Are you doing too much exercise??
  • Lola2248
    Lola2248 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I think I'm just not getting enough good sleep. I'm trying to do a fit month and see if it kick starts my weight loss... so maybe things are out of balance a little. Almost weekend so I can rest more :-)
  • Clarewho
    Clarewho Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    I think it's just a reaction to less food. You're going from a probable surplus of calories to a deficit so your every day activities aren't as well fuelled. I was tired at first when I started on my journey, at the time I just made sure to get enough sleep and ate back a percentage of my exercise calories. After maybe a month or two I adjusted.
  • 20yearsyounger
    20yearsyounger Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    you should be ok at 8 hours sleep, look at food first.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Are you over restricting yourself?
  • Bshmerlie
    Bshmerlie Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    If you wake up after 8 hours of sleep and you feel like your dragging or its just hard to get out of bed you're body is exhausted. You're reaching the point of fatigue. You need to cut back on the exercise a little bit or eat more. Your body needs energy to fuel the workouts. If you're on a low calorie diet and you're doing a strenuous workout you need to eat some of those calories back. If you don't you'll eventually end up in the hispital.
  • Lola2248
    Lola2248 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I could quite easily sleep during the day. On a non work day I can fall asleep in an afternoon for over an hour.... I am thinking I don't rest. On a rest day I still try and walk. Does this count as a rest day? I don't go sweat it out in a gym, but my heart rate gets up. Or does rest mean do no exercise at all?
  • Bshmerlie
    Bshmerlie Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Lola2248 wrote: »
    I could quite easily sleep during the day. On a non work day I can fall asleep in an afternoon for over an hour.... I am thinking I don't rest. On a rest day I still try and walk. Does this count as a rest day? I don't go sweat it out in a gym, but my heart rate gets up. Or does rest mean do no exercise at all?

A rest day means no exercise at all. Just pay attention to your body and give it a break every so often.
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    You may want to up your cals. Esp if its a hardcore exercise thing you do. You may need a extra rest day to start. I found before it was bc I wasn't eating enough protein or fat and my cals were way to low for me to function normally (like not be tired or have muscle fatigue) so I upped it to 1800 at that time and I felt much better. I was eating 1200 then. And I still lost.
  • luckypony71
    luckypony71 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    When I was feeling tired all the time my doctor ran some blood tests and found I was B-12 deficient.