Trying to lose and keep it off

Options
Hi! I'm Sarah! I have been roughly the same weight most of my adult life and I was sort of ok with that. Then earlier this year I had a set back at work and lost a lot of my confidence! I needed a change and so joined a work colleague in the Atkins diet for a 4 week stretch! In this time I lost 10lbs and dropped a dress size, I felt great! However, the problem I had was keeping the weight off and slowly over the past 6 months through some pretty bad diet habits I have gained all the weight back! So here I go starting again but with the determination to lose the weight and then keep up a healthy balanced lifestyle to keep it off for good! Any tips would be great! Happy healthy lifestyle to you all!

Replies

• PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Hi Sarah - Good luck! :)
  • ace41010
    ace41010 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi Sarah:) That is great you lost 10lbs. The downfall to the Atkins is the no carb. Your body needs carbs but good carbs like quinoa or whole grains. This is a great way to keep check on what your eating. I have lost my weight doing a program that allows me certain containers through out the day. It has helped me extremely because I am not good at counting calories