Stretch marks....

Options
I'm currently 65kgs however am normally between 50 and 57kgs and I've noticed over few days im getting stretch marks on back on legs and side of my tummy please help what do I do to get them to fade and get noooo more

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,718 Member
    Options
    Stretch marks are basically scars. There are camouflage creams to help reduce their appearance, but they never go away. And getting no more? That's going to be determined by your genetics. Some people can lose weight an have little stretch marks that show and others not. There's no real steps you can take to prevent them from appearing.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    I've noticed stretch marks on my inner thigh since losing 31 lbs.
    Learn to love them, they're your battle scars - and there isn't a lot that can be done about them.
  • yesimpson
    yesimpson Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    I've covered in the things, and no-one else has ever mentioned them or even seemed to notice. Once they fade and go silvery they are so difficult to see anyway. I think a good 90% of the population has them so join the club :)
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    They will fade a bit over time, but they're there to stay.
  • Ataahua444
    Ataahua444 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I've noticed stretch marks on my inner thigh since losing 31 lbs.
    Learn to love them, they're your battle scars - and there isn't a lot that can be done about them.

• AspenDan
    AspenDan Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    I agree that like 90%of the population has them to some degree...I've seen numerous "skinny" men and women with them in pretty much every part or the body...in the adult world it's just something no one really cares about.
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    Ataahua444 wrote: »
    I'm currently 65kgs however am normally between 50 and 57kgs and I've noticed over few days im getting stretch marks on back on legs and side of my tummy please help what do I do to get them to fade and get noooo more

If they are brand new and still red, get an appointment with a dermatologist ASAP if they bother you. There are products to make them disappear, while they are still in the red phase. My experience from 3 pregnancies is that over the counter creams, oils, butters etc do nothing or very little. Creams used by dermatologists and cosmetic surgeons to help heal scars do help, but only if they are still red.
  • Ataahua444
    Options
    Thanks heaps every1 means a lot. Please feel free to add me to talk more as I'm still unsure how to add people. Hehehe. Also have a few other questions I wouldnt mind asking too.
  • MorganMoreaux
    MorganMoreaux Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    I have them on my hips from when I grew as a kid. I notice them more if I put on weight. When I am at maintenance they are very noticeable. I mentioned them to my dermatologist and they said they may be able to remove them with a laser procedure. I don't think they're noticeable enough to get lasered. If yours bother you definitely see a dermatologist to see what your options are. Good luck!
  • Ataahua444
    Options
    Thank u so much really appreciate that