I've lost 142 pounds and gained a whole new life!

Options
Ellasmommy1971
Ellasmommy1971 Posts: 17 Member
edited October 2015 in Success Stories
I started out weighing 280 pounds and I now weigh 138 lbs. I have kept the weight off for over 6 years with an awlful lot of determination, tears shed and overcoming many obstacles. I have to say this is the hardest battle I have ever encountered and it's a day to day struggle and will be for the rest of my life.

I started out changing my eating habits including portion sizes and walking outside at a slow pace. As the weight began to come off, I had more energy to walk a little further and each day, I grew stronger. I joined the gym and at first only used the cardio machines which did help the weight come off with the combination of my healthy eating. Over time, I discovered the weight machines and the many benefits they have like sculpting my body and trimming inches off of me. I asked one of the trainers at the gym to show me how to use the weights properly and safely.

I walk every day for 1 hour on my lunch at work when the weather permits. I bought a treadmill for home which I use and not as a clothes hanger!!!!!!!! This especially helps on days when it is not fit to walk outside; I have the T.V. hooked up right in front of me and I turn on Y and R and walk! I get so many compliments constantly on how good I now look and so many people tell me I am an inspiration to them which means the world to me.

Anyone can do the same as I did, there is not magic pill. The solution is to control your eating with healthy choices and controlling your portion sizes and to add exercise, SIMPLY. I use MY FITNESS PAL every single day and it keeps me accountable of what I am eating and how much and keeps track of my progresss. I don't want to ever feel like I felt before, this new sense of security and confidence should be bottled and sold because it is the best feeling in the world. Good luck to you all and never give up!

Replies

• NextPage
    NextPage Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for posting this. It is very nice to hear from someone who lost a great deal of weight and kept it off by following the basics of eating well and exercising. Simple but doesn't mean a lot willpower isn't involved!
  • Ellasmommy1971
    Options
    thank you so much, i am having trouble trying to upload before pictures, i don't know why it won't let me. This is frustrating me because i would like to be able to post my before and after pictures.
  • sweetsmile_lee
    sweetsmile_lee Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to you! :) About uploading the pictures, l finally was able to upload mine using the Chrome Browser.
  • Ellasmommy1971
    edited October 2015
    Options
    These are my before and after pictures, finally able to upload.

qlnm0eb39emf.jpg
    f8leyx6w1z7i.jpg
    bfwrjsn8nk8h.jpg
    254mb9oruq3m.jpg
  • doragq
    doragq Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    WOW! Congrats! What an inspiration! :)
  • Madwife2009
    Madwife2009 Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Amazing, just amazing. Congratulations, not just for the weight loss but for keeping it off as well! I have a similar amount to lose and with inspiration like you, I know that I can do it!
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    SUPER personal story. I love how you tell others that it really is simple *once you make the decision* to do it. No magic. No fast track. Nothing special to it except intelligent choices and determination! You're so inspiring!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!