favorite go to snacks that keep ya full?

Options
Please share!

Replies

• nyponbell
    nyponbell Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I do a snack pack with nuts (cashews and pistachios, one of which is usually roasted and salted) and dried cranberries (currently anyway). It's not too filling (I have about 10g of each), but helps with cravings. I sometimes add a few pieces of candy too, which satisfies me so I don't binge.

I will also eat boiled eggs and some cheese either midday (if I'm home) or in the evening. That is more filling, but also more calorific.
  • debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,034 Member
    Options
    A light multigrain English Muffin with peanut butter is my favorite - with honey if I am craving sweet. A piece of fruit with a baby bell mini lite cheese or almonds will also keep me full. A hard boiled egg and some deli meat (I like Boar's Head or New York Deli Patrol) is another filling option for me.
  • dramaqueen45
    dramaqueen45 Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    Mixed nuts (pre-measured and weighed), apples, bananas, air-popped popcorn, or string cheese.
  • jeany48
    jeany48 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Chobani Flips - my favorites!!!
  • Bellodesiderare
    Bellodesiderare Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Any kind of nut butter with apples or a banana, Starkist flavored tuna pouches (the spicy Thai is my fav), turkey pepperoni & string cheese, strawberries with reddiwhip or splenda, lunch meat with jalapeno cream cheese rolled up, air-popped chiccarones, to name a few :)
  • MrsSylvie
    MrsSylvie Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    usually dense cacao based dried fruit/seeds types of energy squares are my go to snack.

i tried a store bought brand of an edamame blend like last week and was surprise one small serving actually kept me full so after supplies arrive i will be making my own version of an edamame fruit blend to help keep me full during meals if needed.
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    There's two kinds of way I keep "full" via snacks, in my personal experience. Either by eating high fiber/low calorie/complex carb items like popcorn, celery or extra fiber english muffins, for instance, maybe with some low/nonfat protein like cottage cheese. Or to go the high fat/high protein method where you eat a tiny snack of something very satisfying. This won't fill your belly, per se, with a high volume. But it gives me a lasting feeling of not being hungry. This would be things like nuts, peanut butter, hard cheeses. Careful of portion sizes on these, since a couple grams can put you over your calorie goals.

Or, if I simply have no calories to spare, I keep "full" for a while by drinking hot tea or maybe some broth.
  • healthyrachel1979
    healthyrachel1979 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Loving the suggestions! Thanks everyone!!
  • CaffeinatedConfectionist
    Options
    I try to go for high-protein snacks, so I eat a lot of whole-fat plain greek yogurt (fage is my preferred brand) with jam or honey mixed in. I really dislike the taste of the low-fat yogurts, but the whole-milk yogurt is very decadent and creamy.

Cottage cheese is another go-to, and I like it with cocoa powder and honey or fruit, especially mandarin oranges, for a sweet treat or with tuna or hot sauce for something savory. Beef jerky is also delicious.

I'm currently on a peanut-butter-and-banana sandwich kick, however, and have been eating one a day for like a week. They're a bit harder to fit in my calorie goal, even open-face, and the macros aren't as great, but they're entirely worth it.

Protein bars with iced coffee are another snack I tend to eat daily.

I have a hard time with nuts because they're delicious and one serving is never enough to satisfy me. Like someone else said, popcorn is a good snack if you're looking for something you can eat in bulk.
  • BoxerBrawler
    BoxerBrawler Posts: 2,032 Member
    Options
    Hard boiled eggs and I remove the yolk and stuff it with turkey or hummus or guacamole or nuts. String cheese and almonds is one of my favorites. Also real sticks turkey sticks are great. Nothing like a juicy crispy apple especially after cardio. Siggi's plain greek yogurt with some Better N' Peanut Butter mixed in is my evening snack, almost daily. A piece of sesame Ezekial toast with laughing cow light cheese spread on it is yum. Celery sticks filled up with peanut butter or dipped in raw honey or both, or spread in hummus or guacamole. I eat a high protein low fat/carb diet and the protein snacks fill me up enough. And yeah... if you want a lot of bang for small calories Boom Chicka Pop pop corn is always a great option! I also like reduced fat Triscut crackers with PB or some cottage cheese with a slice of turkey on top. I make sure to measure and weight everything and/or take an appropriate serving out or with me. I pre-log as well so that I don't over-do it! As we know many of these snacks are easily consumed in large quantity! The reduced fat Triscuts for example has 110 calories in six crackers and since they're a good size and very fiberous six is plenty..... but if you're hungry you could down an entire box easily! LOL! Another one of my all time favorite snacks is Alive & Radiant Kale Krunch (omg I'm addicted). It's soooo yummy, low calorie and 100% clean if that's what you're going for! All excellent vegan ingredients and the texture/flavor is to die for! I sometimes eat a bag for lunch! The spicy is my favorite and it's only 100 calories in 1/2 of a bag! The plain has 110 in 1/2 of a bag and the others e.g., vegan cheesy, chipolte, dijon are higher calories but also highly nutritious! I can only find them at Whole Foods and a local health food store but can get them online individually or in bulk. Don't bother trying Elli Quark... I tried some and thought it was gross! I also use a high protein powder called Plant Fusion. Nothing but nutritious clean goodness in that powder and very high protein / low calorie. Hope some of this has helped.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    Diet Mt. Dew. The carbonation helps me fight off Robert Goulet so I can make it to a reasonable time for supper.
  • Lourdesong
    Lourdesong Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Bulky, heavy vegetables that are low to fairly low cal - celery, carrots, potatoes, etc.

Non-sugary/sweet fruits like cucumber, zucchini, bell pepper and tomatoes. (Not particularly filling, but extremely low calorie for a good amount of bulk and weight)

Protein bars

Low-fat dairy like plain yogurt (with my own add-ins which may or may not be low-fat) and cheeses (esp cottage cheese, mozzarella and Swiss)

Eggs and egg whites. (I eat a lot of scrambled eggs made in the microwave)

Lean meat and deli meat.

Air-popped popcorn.

Basically, high fiber and/or high protein.
  • ForeverSunshine09
    ForeverSunshine09 Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Apples always fill me up. I get little baby gala apples which weight between 4-6 ozs.
  • TuffChixRule
    TuffChixRule Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Apples, raspberries, lowfat yogurt, Special K Protein bars, Belvita Breakfast Bites, Clif Bars, and Larabars are my go-to snacks during the day while I'm at work.
  • RockstarWilson
    RockstarWilson Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Cheese
  • scolaris
    scolaris Posts: 2,145 Member
    Options
    I like string cheese, deviled eggs, celery 'ants on a log' with peanut butter & raisins, cottage cheese, and Greek yogurt 'pudding' with chia seeds.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Ice cream bars

Solero is 90 calories, snickers ice cream 179

0% Greek yogurt ..97 calories and fresh berries 50 calories

White farmhouse toast and light cheese spread - 130 calories

2 Oreos and a huge mug of coffee - 107 calories

Egg white omelette with mushrooms, cheese, spinach and ham on white farmhouse toast with black pepper - 220 calories

Hummus, carrots, red pepper, cucumber and salt and pepper chips - 200 calories
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Honeycrisp apples are back on the stores!! I hate to see berry season end, but those bad boys make it better. They're so very, very sweet and juicy. I can't eat a whole apple in one sitting, so have to waste parts of them, which is a shame...but they're so good!

Go buy yourself a Honeycrisp apple. Thank me later. :)
  • healthyrachel1979
    healthyrachel1979 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • MrsSylvie
    MrsSylvie Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Kalikel wrote: »
    Honeycrisp apples are back on the stores!! I hate to see berry season end, but those bad boys make it better. They're so very, very sweet and juicy. I can't eat a whole apple in one sitting, so have to waste parts of them, which is a shame...but they're so good!

Go buy yourself a Honeycrisp apple. Thank me later. :)

i bought some of those about two weeks ago and was pretty didappointed that they tasted nothing like some mentioned!
    they were not sweet at all in our location, so bitter that even PB could not rid of that bitterness..i even bought them one more time from a different grocery store thinking i just got ones picked too early and the next two were just as bad!