Divorced teacher mom w/autistic son

Options
Hello! I am a divorced mom of three and my middle child has aspergers. I also have been an elementary school teacher for the past 23 years. I became over weight when I had three children in three years. Then with the divorce and the struggles of raising an autistic child, I have not lost the baby weight and I have gained even more weight. I am here to put me first and to take care of myself! How about you?

Replies

• kmserfes
    kmserfes Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I am a mom of 3 also, plus a stepchild and 3 of those 4 have ADHD. After having my youngest 2 children in my late 20's/early 30's I put on weight and was just generally out of shape. I am now back to going to tge gym after 7-8 years of not going and watching what I eat more. I also have hypothyroidism which slows down my metabolism. Just in 2 weeks of working out at the gym and at home and watching my calories and sugar has started making me feel so much better and energized than I was. I have been all about my family for several years and it was making me depressed and unhealthy, now I am doing things for me which makes me feel better and I think is improving my relationships with my family! I will add you!
  • last_jennifer
    last_jennifer Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Thank you! We have similar stories. We can do this!
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Best of luck :]
    You can do this.
  • last_jennifer
    last_jennifer Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Thank you! This is the most will power I have had in years!
  • KristineArden
    KristineArden Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I am also a mom of a son with autism, and a former sp Ed teacher--divorced once, but married for 14 years now. I am about 130 lbs overweight and recently downloaded some fitness APPS--this being one of them . . . To help me take care of myself more--sounds like we may have things in common :)
  • ellie0213
    ellie0213 Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Hi Moms! I have a daughter with chronic migraines. She's 21 but still lives with us and still needs help. A child with any special needs takes a toll on the caretaker parent. Happy to lend support. Feel free to add me.
  • m0nsterrrx
    m0nsterrrx Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Hey moms! It's great to meet you, I myself am not a parent, however, I do applied behavior analysis for toddlers with autism as part of early intervention. My older brother is also diagnosed on the spectrum, but his predominant diagnoses is juvenile bipolar with fear of harm. it's great to meet you guys!