Postpartum weightloss

Options
Hi there! So I just had my baby 2 weeks ago and starting my postpartum weightloss. Looking for any friends that have been there or are going thru this as well to keep each other motivated. :)

Replies

• scuba_suzy
    scuba_suzy Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    2 weeks?? Am surprised you have any energy to even think about it yet. Am just starting to try to lose mine at 4 and 1/2 months lol
  • Anaa007
    Anaa007 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Lol! My daughter has been a good sleeper so far, sleeps 3-5 houra at a time. Plus I've had help from my husband and parents. At this point I can only watch what I'm eating. Can't work out for another 3-4 weeks.
  • Watch_Me_Shine416
    Watch_Me_Shine416 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Wow good for you! I'm 5 months PP and just started to exercise again lol feel free to add me if you'd like:)
  • Purplebunnysarah
    Purplebunnysarah Posts: 3,252 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I'm 7.5 months pp and have just started counting calories and upping my activity levels. I miss having energy; my little guy is teething and hasn't slept for the last 3 nights.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    IMO, you shouldn't start actively losing weight until 8 weeks. Remember, your body just went through some major stuff, so be kind to it and give it some time to heal. You should have your OB's go ahead before starting any exercise more intense than walking, too.

I have an 8 month old, so I've been there. Be kind to yourself and enjoy your baby.

Good luck!
  • Anaa007
    Anaa007 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks! Yeah, no working out for me besides walking...that's what my midwife told me. Just kinda watching my food intake :)
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Take it slow. But nice to yourself. Give yourself a full YEAR. Seriously. And watch out for crazy hormones that make it all so much harder and more emotional.
  • Cantstopmyshine1993
    Options
    My youngest baby is 6 months. I had 2 babies back to back so it really did some damage on my body. I've lost 50 lbs since having them & im trying to lose my last 10
  • loops03
    loops03 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I started getting serious about my weight loss recently. My daughter is 9 weeks. I started walking and adjusting my eating before 8 weeks pp but it was hard because hormones were still raging and my body just wasn't ready. Like the ladies above said, be kind to yourself and give yourself time. That's something I'm constantly telling myself too lol good luck and add if you'd like!
  • tgillen12
    tgillen12 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Anaa007 I am in the exact same boat as you! I'm just over two weeks PP with my second and starting to focus on my food. I'm breastfeeding so trying to balance between getting enough calories in while trying to make healthy food choices. I'd love to add you and we can root each other on on our PP journey?
  • erinp523
    erinp523 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I have a 2 year old. I started my journey when she was about 16 months and I have lost 45lbs and reached my goal of 130. Feel free to add me!
  • antennachick
    antennachick Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Walking is great! And if the weather is good its good to do with the stroller while the baby naps. I starting walking a mile per day right after the baby was born (the day of actually). Then kept increasing and now 5 months later I run 3-5 miles a day :) feel free to add me
  • KT83lt
    KT83lt Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have a 14 months old. I nursed her for the first year and I lost all my pregnancy weight and more in the first 6 weeks pp. I walked every day for an hour and ate very healthy (everything you put in your body will end up in your milk). I ate meat twice a day, eggs once a day and the only carbs besides veggies and fruit were sweet potatoes. I ate big portions cause I was always hungry(due to breastfeeding). I also had dark chocolate every day- 5 squares. I started working out at 4 weeks pp. Hope that helps. Best of luck to u!
  • ace41010
    ace41010 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the new bundle of joy:) I have an almost 2 year old and in February kicked my exercise and eating in to gear. Decided NO more excuses. I feel better now then even before I had my child. Feel free to add me. I also have an accountability page on FB called Amy Earley Fitness Mom. If you have a FB we can encourage each other that way too. I post meal plans and my workout pic to stay accountable:)
  • katiehammers52393
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I am 7 weeks PP and I am just not starting! I need some help staying accountable as well:)
  • Angel_Eyes1975
    Angel_Eyes1975 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I was really sick at the end of my pregnancy. And my baby girl was a surprisingly big girl but healthy :) we had a c section and my thyroid an health is starting to get back to normal. My baby is 10 months now :) and now I'm able to do more. Wishing you all a happy healthy day.
  • fitniknik
    fitniknik Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    anyone EBF in here? Im 5 mo pp and need to lose weight without losing my milk! add me!
  • fitniknik
    fitniknik Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    KT83lt wrote: »
    I have a 14 months old. I nursed her for the first year and I lost all my pregnancy weight and more in the first 6 weeks pp. I walked every day for an hour and ate very healthy (everything you put in your body will end up in your milk). I ate meat twice a day, eggs once a day and the only carbs besides veggies and fruit were sweet potatoes. I ate big portions cause I was always hungry(due to breastfeeding). I also had dark chocolate every day- 5 squares. I started working out at 4 weeks pp. Hope that helps. Best of luck to u!

This is false information, please do your research before making mommy's feel bad about what they are eating while breastfeeding.
    "The composition of your milk really does not vary much with your diet. (Mothers in famine conditions can produce milk that is nutritionally perfect for their babies.) However, your health may suffer if too many of your own reserves are used to provide milk. It takes a lot of energy to care for your baby so be sure to take care of yourself by "eating to hunger" and "drinking to thirst."'
    source: http://www.llli.org/faq/diet.html
  • AnaFiaa
    AnaFiaa Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am 2 months PP. This is my first child and many moms have told me that the weight just melts off with breastfeeding. Im finding that this is not exactly true as my last 15-20lbs are being quite stubborn.

Before I became pregnant I was pretty active and had just completed a triathalon. Up until 6 weeks PP, even long walks were too much (they would cause pain and bleeding). Gradually I increased my walk time and speed. This is a slow and gradual process and even if you are mentally ready, the rest of your body might not be. PP conditions are very different and only other mothers really know how it feels.
    I would love some support and to hear other mom's points of view. It would be so helpful. Add me :)
  • cucibuci1981
    cucibuci1981 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi. New here. I had my second child a year ago and that 7 kgs just won't go. Need friends for support. :)