Starting over...again

Options
Well I'm starting over again. About 2 years ago I lost 40 pounds and gained it all back. I now have a 4 month old and just want to be healthier. The problem? I have no motivation :(. I had so much motivation the first time and doing great. Then the holidays hit. I want to be healthier and feel good about myself. I just don't have any motivation. I'm making myself. But I just need motivation!

Replies

• brannewmee
    brannewmee Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. Lets do this together. I decided to do a food detox (in my own way) starting this week. My name is Claudia add me brannewmee
  • paulinasekula
    paulinasekula Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'll do it with you guys!!
  • rehab200
    rehab200 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    yeah ladies!!! you have no motivation chelsey because you have a 4 mo which equals no sleep!!! LOL but its easy to do, day by day, and you'll see them drop
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    You can do this - believe in yourself!
  • moomoolucyloo
    moomoolucyloo Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    i'm with you! tiredness is killer for motivation...i've finally found some but it's been gone for the last 6 months!
  • rhiannonarmstrong31
    Options
    Been to the doctor she is testing my blood for anemia and thyroid. She said it sstrange I feel I c.f. ant move or speak when I get floppy and tired ...test Thursday
  • EmmieLee1982
    EmmieLee1982 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm also just getting started after a long break... My baby is about a year old. I have almost 60 lbs to lose (eek!!!) and would love to have some motivational buddies. Feel free to friend me.
  • rhiannonarmstrong31
    Options
    My boy is nearly 11 months old.
  • NewMeSM75
    NewMeSM75 Posts: 971 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    To be honest, sometimes discipline comes before motivation. You discipline yourself to eat healthier and exercise. After you build good habits, when you start seeing results, you gain more motivation. In my opinion. Good luck! You can do anything you set your mind to do. When you want to give in, ask yourself will it be worth it. <3 Alot of my bad eating was out of habit, I have to create good habits to replace those. It's still work to input food into my diary and shop for healthier foods but once I've done it for a few weeks, I feel so much better.

Edit to add. Also, for me. I had to get rid of the all or nothing attitude. You know the attitude that if I messed up my day I might as well not worry about the rest of the day or give up. If you have a slip, call it what it is. It happened. Move on and do better.
  • tryin2die2self
    tryin2die2self Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Willpower is a like a tank of gas. Unfortunately, weight loss is an uphill battle. How hard you push yourself and how long you go drain the tank. Without some way to replenish the tank, you stop. Then start rolling back down the same [blank blank] hill. I know I have been up and down that hill more times than I would like to count. I recently switched over to paleo and quit counting calories (I am looking at macros now, or tryin to). I am down 40 pounds in about 5 months. I even stopped really trying to lose weight over a 2 month period (I cheated on my diet here and there) right in the middle of my program and the weight did not pile back on. This was something new as every thing else I tried always failed. BTW, all the weight I have lost has been without exercise. I am spending my willpower on food and not exhausting it all in the gym. After all, it takes a lot longer to work off a 1,200 cal burger and fries than it is to consume it.

What do they say about doing the same old thing over and over, expecting different results? Maybe it is not your willpower. Maybe it is how you are looking at your diet change. I highly recommend looking into what are the new thoughts about diet/exercise and seeing if something "new" to you would be more successful. CICO just does not work for everyone. Maybe you are one of those people.

I am always looking for new friends. Feel free to add me if you are looking for one too. :)

Good Luck.
  • Tedebearduff
    Tedebearduff Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    Well I'm starting over again. About 2 years ago I lost 40 pounds and gained it all back. I now have a 4 month old and just want to be healthier. The problem? I have no motivation :(. I had so much motivation the first time and doing great. Then the holidays hit. I want to be healthier and feel good about myself. I just don't have any motivation. I'm making myself. But I just need motivation!

No one can motivate you but you... so asking an external source to get you to get off your *kitten* just wont happen. What you need is dedication, no more excuses .... Your 4 month old should be motivation enough IMO .....
  • CoxTX
    CoxTX Posts: 30 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    I'm starting over too. I've struggled with my weight since I hit puberty (which was eh hem . . . a few years ago LOL). I've had some success over the years, but it requires an inordinate amount of dedication and concentration and the whole concept becomes exhausting. I'm considering some counseling to get past the 'why can't *I* eat pizza and be thin like THAT girl' feelings. I was diagnosed with PCOS in my early 30's (probably had it since my early 20's, thanks military doctors!), so again, it's the 'why can't anything be easy for me' lament.

Most recently, I lost about 20 lbs last fall when my fiancé was stationed overseas. But then he came home, and he loves potatoes and bread and pasta and pizza and beer etc. etc. etc. and is naturally thin and can eat enough for 4 men and never gain an ounce. Well I love all that stuff too! Even eating these things only in moderation, I've gained back 15 of the 20 I lost.

So, I'm at it again. I've decided to track my calories and macros for the week rather than the day. That way, if I want to eat pizza and drink beer, I can, and I can either 1) plan for it early in the week, or 2) make up for it later in the week. And I splurged and bought myself 3 months of 'bootcamp' at a local gym.

All told, I'd like to lose 49 lbs. I'll be happy with 35.
  • 1976mmm
    1976mmm Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Can i join in please? Saw a pic of myself last week and it was shocking
  • Andrea4456
    Andrea4456 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I'm starting over myself.... Got back on the wagon yesterday. Feel free to add me, as I'm looking for more Keto/LC friends.
  • Lorz1977
    Lorz1977 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Ditto for me, looking to start over, likewise lost about 30 pounds 1 1/2 years ago, put back on about 20, but it seems like 40 because it is all in the upper abdomen, ick!