30-something moms

Options
13»

Replies

• KateMonster924
    KateMonster924 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm almost 30 but not quite yet. Close enough I hope! I have 2 kids an 8 year old daughter and a 4 month old son. I went back to work a month ago from maternity leave and I'm having a hard time keeping up with my weight loss. It has become much harder as I have very little time for myself because we are also in the process of buying a house and moving. Life gets in the way! Anyways please feel free to add me. My MFP family has already helped me lose 30 pounds, always looking for new friends.
  • 81chughes
    81chughes Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    35yr old mom of 4 girls. Just starting out, could use some encouragement from others in the same boat!
  • marshellamae
    marshellamae Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    34 mother of 4 (17,13, 5, 4) I have been yo-yoing with 10 lbs for the last 3 years. I loose it then gain it right back plus. I'm having trouble staying on track. I do well for about a month then life gets busy and I put my health on the back burner. If I could just stay focused and make it more routine. Maybe some helpful motivation is what I need.
  • fatnat1234
    fatnat1234 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I just turned 37 on Thursday. I have 1 daughter that is 2 years old. I gained 50 lbs during my pregnancy and then another 20 after... I have been up and down. I lost 30 of the 70 lbs. but got sick and gained about 10 lbs back. One week I am doing great then I just lose motivation. I want to just get at it for good.
    I also take mess that contribute to weight gain. So the battle is harder
  • leewells2002
    leewells2002 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    So many mothers! It's inspiring to see the work some of you have accomplished. I'm 36, and have 18 month-old twins. Finally started focusing on earing in early July (turns out eating like you are nursing twins after you stop nursing is not a great idea) and lost 15 pounds. I am now trying to figure out how to fit in a workout most days in the week. I have 10 more to go to get to pre-pregnancy weight but then I need to lose at least another 25. Really trying to lose that 10 before the end of the year.
  • RebeccaNaegle
    RebeccaNaegle Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    32 year old mom here! <3
  • sfinsc
    sfinsc Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Meee! I wonder if we could make a group for ourselves to make it easier to keep track of conversations?

I'm 32, mom of 2 elementary school-aged kiddies. I went from the 120s to 180 five years ago, and am now finally back to being very close to my goal weight of 130. I would love to keep up the motivation!
  • sadiebrawl
    sadiebrawl Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    Only have 8 weeks left in the 30s category, but am a mom of 2, I work full time, and struggle to find time to work out, and plan meals. I have found many things that work for us though, so feel free to add. I still have about 20 to lose.
  • steelmagnolia35
    steelmagnolia35 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    sfinsc wrote: »
    Meee! I wonder if we could make a group for ourselves to make it easier to keep track of conversations?

I'm 32, mom of 2 elementary school-aged kiddies. I went from the 120s to 180 five years ago, and am now finally back to being very close to my goal weight of 130. I would love to keep up the motivation!
    A group would be great!!!
  • JaiDessaT
    JaiDessaT Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    38 year old mum of 5 (21, 17, 15, 12 and 2 years). I have another 40 or so pounds to lose (down from 231 to 185.6). Add me, too, please!

I definitely have times of lagging motivation (every Friday night, in fact!).
  • janiep81
    janiep81 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I'd love to join the fun!

I'm 34 and mom to a 2 year old and a 5 year old. I also work full time. My husband is great about helping me find time to work out. Our gym has childcare and my kids love going; that's really nice.
  • RaniFlame
    RaniFlame Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Anyone can add me! I am a 35 yr old mom of three (7, 4, 1) I NEED to get back in shape so I can play with my kids and not be a winded slug.