Stuck..

Options
Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone has had the same thing? I'm over my calorie goal, struggling to lose any weight and my motivation is waning.
The last thing I want to do when I get home from work is exercise. Very lacklustre. But for health reasons I need to lose weight. Help

Replies

• DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,658 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Decide whether your health is worth it, then take action accordingly.
  • msujack
    msujack Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Go for a walk, skip a hard exercise if you need to. Sometimes you fall down (over-eat calories, not exercise), but you always get up. No one is perfect in the journey. You just have to remember that steps in the right direction get you to where you need to go. You don't need to do it all today, just a little bit of it.
  • dawnmcneil10
    dawnmcneil10 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    When I notice the lack of motivation to workout after work I add a walk to my work day even if it's just a 5 minute walk around the building. For some reason this is what gets me out of the funk.
  • Auntiezozo81
    Auntiezozo81 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Thanks all x
  • mylittlerainbow
    mylittlerainbow Posts: 822 Member
    Options
    Can you exercise earlier in the day? I think that's better for you anyway. Maybe first thing in the morning before you go to work, or if there's a fitness room in your office building, maybe some time during the day? At a few places I worked, we all brought sneakers & socks and walked during lunch or a break time. It is REALLY hard to do anything once you're home from work and feel like your "should" day is behind you.
  • IILikeToMoveItMoveIt
    IILikeToMoveItMoveIt Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    I've been stuck since my vacation last month. Haven't lost towards my goal at all. For me, I read success stories and look at my virtual model of me now and later. Stuff like that. I move around more than I used to, but I don't exercise much. I try to keep my calories low or at maintenance if I'm struggling. Do something everyday, maybe just 1 wall push up and see what happens. I find I end up doing more if I'm not hard on myself. 1 thing turns to two etc. but it's mostly CICO so I don't worry about the extra movement. It's just bonus that makes me feel good. Motivation is fleeting, commitment and dedication is what wins this race. :) Good luck!
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    you don't need to exercise to lose weight. just a calorie deficit. what's your target calories? Maybe you've set too ambitious of a deficit and would find more consistent results and more energy if your deficit was more appropriate.
  • Bshmerlie
    Bshmerlie Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    When you're having difficulties slow it down. Just eat 250 calories below maintenance. Don't even work out if you're not feeling like it. Just stay on the routine of logging and watching what you eat. Try and make a couple of food choices that are better than what you use to do. Drink water instead of drinks with calories. Go shopping at the mall to get yourself walking some or take the dog for a walk around the block. Just something to get yourself off of the couch and moving. Little choices each day will make you lose weight. Just stick to it....don't give up.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,933 Member
    Options
    I've found the hardest part of exercising after work to be putting on my shoes. Once I overcome the mental obstacle, I'm all set. (This presumes I have eaten enough and got a decent night's sleep.)
  • DragonShoe_GCole
    DragonShoe_GCole Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I'm over my calorie goal....

Fix this and you'll get un-stuck

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    All that's required for weight loss, is a caloric deficit. Start there.