In need of motivation and advice

Options
I've been really down in the dumps lately with this losing weight and getting healthy lifestyle. Mainly because I've hit a plateu that just doesn't seem to want to budge.
Since I've started my journey back in December I've lost over 30lbs (with the help of MPF, over 40lbs total since giving birth in Aug '10) but as soon as I hit my prepregnancy weight in April the scale just refuses to budge no matter how much I work out or watch what I eat. I've tried eating more one week to see if it would help but it hasn't (in fact the scale went up!!).

I don't have anyone here at home that can help give me the motivation that I need or anyone to workout with (my husband quit going to the gym after passing his PT test). Because of this there are times when I feel alone and like giving up :(.
Any advice on how to beat this plateu would be very much appreciated. Thank you in advance :).

Replies

• Scubabarbie
    Scubabarbie Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi there - - I can see how this can be discouraging. Do you drink enough water? Are you watching your sugar intake in everything that you consume? Do you watch your carbohydrates? Are you weight training in addition to cardio and how high is the intensity of your cardio? Although I am not encouraging this, I once red this book called "The Ultra Simple Diet." It was a detox diet which encouraged massive intake of vegetables, homemade veggie stock, ample water, NO sugar whatsoever, and only taking in lean protein and beans for a seven day period. I decided to try to try the Ultra Simple Diet because I could not imagine that it would work on me. I lost 7.5 pounds in seven days and I gained it back over time because I could not keep such a strict diet up nor is it healthy nor encouraged. I am not encouraging any individual to do the diet, and I mention it because I realized that I was not losing weight because I have a sweet tooth and an affinity for all things sweet. Now that I have actively reduced my sugar intake by 90% my weight is starting to come off slowly and the right way. This may not be the answer you were hoping for and I hope it helps. Good luck to you!
  • Scubabarbie
    Scubabarbie Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Don't give up. That's what My Fitness Pal is for. Friend me if you use can use another.
  • bajemajm
    bajemajm Posts: 4
    Options
    Sounds like you've had some great success. Celebrate that!

Maybe your at the point where you're building more muscle than you might think. Don't just look at the scale, it can be an evil task master.

Another thing that I've had some success with in punching through my plateu is zig zagging my calories intake, and changing to more protein. That with timing intense cardio workouts with my heavy calorie days has worked for me.

Is there a class at the gym you can take?