Questions on how many cals with lifting workouts - feeling low energy, but want to lose fat. Help!

Options
Hi there!

Just looking for a little input on calorie intake. I'm a 27 y/o, 5'6" female and weigh 151lbs, approximately 23% body fat. I'm currently eating about 1550 cals a day, and have been for about a month and lost 4lbs, but have just started feeling lightheaded at the end of my lifting workouts the past couple of weeks. I lift heavy 4x a week for about an hour, and usually do 2 15 minute sprinting HIIT sessions (on upper bod lifting days). On one of my non-lift days, I usually walk and I rest for the other two.

I workout first thing in the AM and usually have an egg and half a banana or so before I workout and am aware that protein/carbs are great immediately after lifts, so I do that as well. I don't eat any gluten or dairy (food intolerances), so my diet is pretty clean.

Do you think I'm eating too little? I upped my calories by 100, but that hasn't completely helped. I want to lose about 10-15lbs of fat, but I also still want to feel like I have some energy in the gym.

Any thoughts?! Thanks!!
Jenna

Replies

• Michael190lbs
    Michael190lbs Posts: 1,510 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    so your losing a pound a week which is a neg 500 calories a day or 3500 calories a week why not jump it up 200-250 calories a day and lose 1/2 lb a week? I use C4- preworkout but I'm not sure that would help if you feel light headed it would certainly help from an energy stand point.. Peanut butter two table spoons before my workouts was a past choice and its only 190 calories..

My 2 cents looking at the below is eat 1700-1750 calories minimum 120 grams protein (480 calories) 60 grams minimum fat (540 calories) and fill the rest in with what ever you want to eat (680 calories)

Your BMR is 1443
    Your TDEE is 2267 . M

5'6 tall 151lbs 26 years of age female working out 6 days per week 60 min breaking a sweat
  • JennyB283
    JennyB283 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Ok great thank you!
  • Sarah4fitness
    Sarah4fitness Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Eat a larger meal preworkout, include protein and carbs, try not to allow fat in the immediate pre or post workout. You'll notice a difference.
  • JennyB283
    JennyB283 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thanks!