New Biggest Loser Challenge starting soon - Please join us!!!

Options
Hello!

Just wanted to put the word out that the Biggest Loser Challenge group has a new 10-week challenge starting this week.

Looking for a fun way to meet new friends? Having a hard time keeping yourself honest? Want to be part of a community that is working incredibly hard to get healthy? Then join our Biggest Loser Challenge Group! Click here to send a request to join: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/23818-biggest-losers-team-challenge This is a ten week challenge where you and your team compete in challenges and motivate each other to loose! The weigh in for the next challenge will run from October 8th - October 11th. The weigh in will close at 10:00pm PST on Sunday, October 11th. If you have not put in your beginning weight by that time, you will be unable to participate in the October - December challenge, and will have to wait for the next challenge in the new year.

Some rules and regulations...

1) Several teams compete, with between 20-30 members each. Please respect the other members of your team! Everyone has a valid opinion, and we want to provide an open space for them to share it.

2) Each group will have their own thread. Please keep all group discussions in this thread, as making multiples threads per group makes it harder for the moderators to keep track of everything and keep things organized. If you would like to post about a topic not related to your group, please feel free to start a thread. Otherwise, each team will have one thread for discussion.

3) You should log your weight once each week. Weigh-ins will always open on a Thursday afternoon and close on Sundays at 10pm (Pacific Time US)! This will happen in the form of a new thread each week (e.g. WEEK 1 WEIGH-IN THREAD) which will be posted on the group's forum. Late weights will not be accepted. The moderators will post the results of each weigh-in by Monday morning at the latest.

4) The first weigh-in (the starting weigh-in) establishes your "beginning" weight for the purpose of calculating percentage lost. The team with the highest percentage of weight lost during the challenge will be our official challenge winners.

5) 3 Strikes and you're out. Missing 3 consecutive weigh-ins disqualifies you from the competition and puts you onto the Cheerleader's team. These weights will no longer count for your original team. Members of the Cheerleader's team will not be ranked for the purposes of this challenge, but they are still encouraged to weigh-in each week. They may also participate in the threads and challenges hosted by competing teams. If you KNOW that you're going to miss a weigh-in, message a moderator and we'll post your previous week's weight - so you will not get a strike.

6) We will set challenges every week at the bottom of the results for the previous week (usually one nutrition and one fitness). In addition to the challenges we set, your group may decide to do additional challenges. You may also pick and choose from the challenges we set. It is up to the teams!

7) This is a 10 week challenge, before posting your initial weight and being assigned a team, please make sure you are ready to participate for the full ten weeks.

Any questions, please feel free to contact me or @rosepeppercreek

Please join us in shedding some extra pounds before the holiday season hits!!

Replies

• sherbear702
    sherbear702 Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    I'll give it a go.
  • Wiccandothis
    Wiccandothis Posts: 848 Member
    Options
  • rosepeppercreek
    rosepeppercreek Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Yay! Happy to have you!
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    Request sent :)
  • dpaden25
    dpaden25 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I would love to join! Do we know if there is a way to have MFP automatically alert to new posts when you're in the group? I would hate to miss anything :)
  • rosepeppercreek
    Options
    @dpaden25 No! There is no notification system. Boo. But! I am a challenge moderator, and I post things to my feed as a way of reminding people. :smile:
  • dpaden25
    dpaden25 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    @rosepeppercreek That's awesome too! Need that little extra kick! I just actually found a way to bookmark threads, so maybe that'll help! MFP really needs a notification system that works like FaceBook. THAT would be amazing. Anyways... request sent.. so see you on the 'other' side
  • Milabella
    Milabella Posts: 34 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Can you post a link to previous challenges so I can see how it works? I'm interested in what some of the weekly challenges are.
  • Wiccandothis
    Options
    When you join the challenge, you will have access to see the results of the previous challenges. Every week there will be challenges suggested by the moderators and each individual team posts their own suggestion and agrees on their weekly challenges. The nutritional challenges can be anything as simple as upping your water intake to working on your problem macros for the week. The fitness challenges can be as easy as increasing your activity a certain amount of time for the week or taking time out to dance to a different song each day. These are only examples as the actual challenges are entirely up to each team through discussion. This is my 3rd challenge and the best thing I have ever joined. The motivation and competition is so much fun as your not only competing with other teams...you are also challenging yourself!
  • pooh1994
    pooh1994 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    request sent
  • Wiccandothis
    Options
  • myoung15523
    myoung15523 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Sent my request
  • kristirobinson1
    kristirobinson1 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I sent a request, do I just wait to be Accepted?
  • dansalty
    dansalty Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I've sent a request... What do I need to do now? I'd really like to do this...
  • Just_Sha
    Just_Sha Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Request sent!!
  • rosepeppercreek
    Options
    @pooh1994 @myoung15523 @kristirobinson1 @dansalty You've all been accepted!
  • mkey98901
    mkey98901 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Can I still be added
  • rosepeppercreek
    Options
    @mkey98901 Just go back to the page and accept my request. :smile:
  • carmenmorales777
    carmenmorales777 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    How and where do i post my starting wieght?
  • Ddonna82
    Ddonna82 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Sent request just waiting