Help! If my Fitbit is synced to MFP should I be logging exercise?

Options
I wear my Fitbit 24x7. when I exercise I am currently logging it in MFP. I.e. 20 minutes of cardio. If I also have my Fitbit synced to MFP should I really be doing this? Just don't want to be double counting the expenditure. Thanks for the help!

Replies

• Soapytime
    Soapytime Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Bump. I'm wondering this too. So far, I have just been using what fit bit syncs. It's working well enough. I still only eat half of the exercise calories back. I'm at the beginning of my 3rd week doing this, so I don't have enough information to know if it's working yet.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    I actually log my exercise on Fitbit and then Fitbit includes it in my adjustment. When you log exercise on Fitbit, it only adds the difference between your step calories and what the exercise would burn. For example, let's say you did 30 minutes of cardio that would burn 200 calories. While doing that, your Fitbit picked up 50 steps and credited you 50 calories. When you log the exercise afterward, it will only credit you another 150 calories so the total comes out to 200 cals anyway. Hope that makes sense.

I'm not sure how it works if you log the exercise on MFP, sorry. I log all my diet related stuff here, and all my exercise related stuff on Fitbit.
  • jacquifrench304
    jacquifrench304 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Think you may be counting your exercise twice, I have my fit bit synced with negative calories turned on, all exercise I log on fit bit this syncs to MFP. For my cardio/walking/running I just start the activity tracker and stop when done , the burn then transfers to MFP. If I swim I enter that in Fitbit manually and the burn syncs across. I found it much more accurate when all activity is in Fitbit , and all food in MFP
  • noahlukiemama
    noahlukiemama Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Think you may be counting your exercise twice, I have my fit bit synced with negative calories turned on, all exercise I log on fit bit this syncs to MFP. For my cardio/walking/running I just start the activity tracker and stop when done , the burn then transfers to MFP. If I swim I enter that in Fitbit manually and the burn syncs across. I found it much more accurate when all activity is in Fitbit , and all food in MFP

Thank you I will log my exercise in Fitbit from now on. Makes sense.