Weekend help

Options
I typically go out with friends on Friday and Saturday nights....drink a lot, recover all sunday, and repeat the next weekend. I'm now trying to lose 15 pounds and was wondering what has worked for those of you that do go out. I know it's best to have two drinks or tell people you aren't drinking but I like drinking, I'm 24 and don't want to have to put my social life on hold. Thanks!

Replies

• kerri007
    kerri007 Posts: 123
    Options
    i mixed my vodka with crystal lite, and it actually tasted good
  • TeenaMarina
    TeenaMarina Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    Do they offer Crystal Light at bars and clubs?! lol
  • guppygirl322
    guppygirl322 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Alternate your drink of choice with water or soda water. It will slow down how many calories you're taking in. Remember, most alcoholic drinks have about 150 calories EACH.
  • jolteon00
    jolteon00 Posts: 89
    Options
    Definitely go for liquor and zero-calorie mixers (like a rum and diet coke) or light beer. Stay away from malt liquors and things like that if you can help it. You're also probably still gonna have to do an extra workout, though, and you don't want to not eat when you're drinking!

Besides, the next morning or when you're hungover or whatever, it really is good to rehydrate like crazy and try to exercise. You'll feel better, even though I know what it feels like to really not want to :p
  • TiniTurtle
    TiniTurtle Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    vanilla vodka & diet coke (70 cals each) or switch to light beer &/or add a workout so you have more to play with :o) this past weekend, i had a late lunch & skipped dinner expecting to drink my cals & instead ended up only having 3 beers & got tipsy without being trashed & wasn't hungry & ended up wayy under my daily caloric goals without a hangover.
  • splashwags
    splashwags Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Alternate your drink of choice with water or soda water. It will slow down how many calories you're taking in. Remember, most alcoholic drinks have about 150 calories EACH.

Plus if you throw a lime or lemon in/on it, it looks like a vodka/gin tonic.... : ) I personally choose club soda. As my doc pointed out to me this am, from a sugar perspective each cocktail whether beer, wine or liquor is like a milky way (if that helps from an incentive perspective)
  • ashaa7
    ashaa7 Posts: 12
    Options
    Ya, I typically get vodka soda's, I guess I can try the switching my drink to water every other drink and see how that goes. :)