food under 150 carbs for whole day

Options
hi my name is angela and i'm struggling with my carbs that is under 150 as myfitnesspall suggesting. any menu that can help me with that?
thanks

Replies

• RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    You could increase your calories in order to get more protein (eggs, beans, lentils).
  • angellivitas
    angellivitas Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    thanks amyrebeccah, i used the plain yogurt for my salad and i'm not a vegetarian thanks for your reply.. both of u
  • betuel75
    betuel75 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    eat more salads, veggies, meat, cheese, eggs, less bread, pasta, rice.
  • angellivitas
    Options
    thnks betuel75 n keep motivated
    :)
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    Keep them below 100.
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    Yi5hedr3 wrote: »
    Keep them below 100.

Why? Unless you have a medical condition this is totally unnecessary. How you set up your macros is a personal choice.
  • angellivitas
    Options
    hi elphie i'm in good condition and i dont have any medical condition that need to be monitor. thnks ;)
  • MiSo_SeXy
    MiSo_SeXy Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I'm struggling too. I'm type2 diabetic so i should really be under 90 grams a day but... It's a struggle. Working on it slowly to get at 90 g ir less. Some habits ive adopted or changed to get on track...
    I've put a weekly limit on certain fruits as they have high sugar high carbs. I try to eat brown rice over white. Hmmm I'm trying to stick to 1 piece of sandwhich bread over 2... I'veswitch over to ezekial bread and mothers brown rice rice cakes. Just little things like that so far. I'm trying to be more conscious about food choices in regards to sugars And carbs. Good luck!
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    MiSo_SeXy wrote: »
    I'm struggling too. I'm type2 diabetic so i should really be under 90 grams a day but... It's a struggle. Working on it slowly to get at 90 g ir less. Some habits ive adopted or changed to get on track...
    I've put a weekly limit on certain fruits as they have high sugar high carbs. I try to eat brown rice over white. Hmmm I'm trying to stick to 1 piece of sandwhich bread over 2... I'veswitch over to ezekial bread and mothers brown rice rice cakes. Just little things like that so far. I'm trying to be more conscious about food choices in regards to sugars And carbs. Good luck!

I find eating low carb becomes a bit easier if you skip breads, rice, noodles, and other baked goods. It's easier to fit in fruits that way too.

best wishes
  • angellivitas
    Options
    thanks for both of your opinion. its really actually hard for me to skip eating white rice but now i only eat 1 cup of white rice only for lunch and the rest back to the basic healthy food suchas fruit and other low carbs.. hard but we need to push our self to become healthy. good luck!! ;)
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Understandable. Good luck to you. :)
  • angellivitas
    Options
    ;);)
  • texascarl1
    texascarl1 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    One way I cut carbs without a ton of pain is to replace w/'healthy' fats like avocado. Skip that daily dose of rice @ lunch, have a small avocado instead a few times a week. Fats are 'satiating' for me - I'm not hungry after I eat avocado, but if I eat rice in 2 hours I'm ready to eat again. Lather, rinse, repeat.
  • angellivitas
    Options
    nice suggestion.. texascarl.. will try it someday B)

• deescrafty
    deescrafty Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    MiSo_SeXy wrote: »

Why are you keeping your carbs do low,? I was recently diagnosed with diabetes 2 and my nutritionist told me to keep carbs around 135-180 grams per day; 30-45 per meal and 15 per snack and 3 snacks per day. I've been following this and my fasting sugars are steady within normal limits every day.
  • BurnWithBarn2015
    BurnWithBarn2015 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    If you have no medical issues and you dont want to chose low carb as a life style...why should you worry?

It is all about the amount f calories, and of course a balanced diet ( were you can eat it all) is the wise choice.
    But i really shouldn't worry about it

i eat high carb and lost weight just fine

95069916.png
  • hamlet1222
    hamlet1222 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't get too hung up on carbs/fat ratio. I just focus on hitting my calorie and protein goal and eat foods I like, and figure that carbs and fat will take care of themselves. I think you just want to avoid the extremes (all carbs/no fat and vice versa).
  • angellivitas
    Options
    thanks
  • SpectacuLaura
    SpectacuLaura Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I have an open food diary and I come in at under 150 carbs/day pretty regularly. Feel free to take a look if it helps give you some ideas at all. :)