Under stress and gained weight!

Options
mooresandy41
mooresandy41 Posts: 5 Member
edited October 2015 in Motivation and Support
I'm really mad at myself! I haven't lost any weight in over a month! Today I weighed and have gained like 3 1/2 lbs. I am under a tremendous amount of stress as I take care of my elderly parents and my 88 year old mom has Alzheimer's. I have eaten wrong and I know it. I'm a diabetic too and was doing so well eating clean and healthy until the last couple of weeks and boom; candy, toffee peanuts, and falling back into old habits! I've been doing this app since March and have logged in everyday. I need motivation and help please!

Replies

• TeresaMarie46
    TeresaMarie46 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I completely get you. I've been using MFP for several years. On and off as I went through life. A tad over 5 yrs ago I got serious about changing my eating habits. I was on a roll, I lost about 40-45 lbs. Then my mom passed away. I spoke to her , laughed and joked with her the day she passed. This catapulted me into a brick wall. Present day....come November 10 th it will be 3 yrs since mama passed.About 4 mths ago I realized that I've regained 30 lbs of the weight back. So now I'm 17 lbs in to my new start.

If you care to join me....send me a friend request.....like I said before...I get you..and I mean it.
  • lilmisscrabby
    lilmisscrabby Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Im sorry you are going through so much . i know how your feeling . also have been taking care of my parents untill 3 weeks ago . my father was put in a home and has parkasons and is in bad shape .he can not talk or wake up more then couple seconds . my mother is in stage 4 colon cancer and went to her liver she has 6 month of life and its way to much for me . i have not lost a pound i have gained and im emotional eater and i also have anitixy disorder. Im trying so hard to do this . so i compleatly get it . hope you feel better