New to MFP Message Boards

Options
Hi, my name is Donna and I am new to the MFP message boards. I am 59 years old with two replaced knees and I love to walk. I set a goal for myself during mid summer to try and lose 1 pound per week by the time school was out the first of June 2016. (I work in a school) . My super goal is to lose 30-40 lbs. Since then, my daughter has gotten engaged to be married June 25. An added incentive! Am always looking for tips on food and exercise, plus encouragement!! So thanks in advance. Am anxious to check out the message boards!!

Replies

• rebeccaposton7
    rebeccaposton7 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am also new and need to lose about 60 lbs. I am 66 yrs old and have fibromyalgia so exercise is limited. Do you know how to enter recipes? I entered 2 today and the ingredients and nutritional values show up, but the directions I entered do not. If you know how to do this, I would appreciate some instruction. Hope you are doing well and your food and exercise are going well. I seem to be on track, but tomorrow is my weekly weigh-in so I will see how I have done this week. I have been below my goal every day. Hope to hear from you.
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Hi Donna! :)
    Wishing you the very best of success & luck!
  • suzaka
    suzaka Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Welcome Donna and Rebecca, good to meet new people. I too love the motivational support I get from these forums. People are very positive, and will help you out a lot if you have any questions
  • dmwgetfit
    dmwgetfit Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Am trying sooo hard this time! I know this sounds dumb, but I've set a daily challenge for myself to drink a minimum of 8-10 glasses of water and no candy for a week. I can resist most desserts but the Halloween candy about did me in. Trying to do day by day to start with and hope it turns into something great! Am doing the November challenge and lost 2 lbs last week (and that was with candy). Not good with posting so bear with me. Have a great day!!