Looking for fitness pals!

Options
stephaniejane_x
stephaniejane_x Posts: 6 Member
edited October 2015 in Introduce Yourself
Hey I'm Steph, I'm 26 and struggled with weight most of my life. I'm wanting to slim down but also become stronger and fitter. I'd love to make some friends and have some people to bounce ideas off! I've been travelling for a year and s half and working long hours to afford this which has made it hard (but not impossible) to exercise. I also have been prone to poor meal choices and crash dieting in the past. At my healthiest, I was doing crossfit and feeling fab but couldn't afford to continue! Currently 80kg and 163 cm. Feel free to say hello or tell me about yourselves and your journey! Xx

Replies

• bombshellbarbie0
    bombshellbarbie0 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I would love to support you! This app has been wonderful for me. I'm sure it will u as well the more you continue the better it will be. It will also make you strive for more! It counts the calories for you of course but, I have found that I look on the back of things in the stores. It has helped me so much!! If you don't love it already you will & you can do ANYTHING you set your mind too! :)
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Hi Steph :]
    There is so much support available here, make sure you reach out whenever necessary - knowing I have a helpful community in the background has definitely helped me. Wishing you the best of luck!
  • BrooklynApple88
    BrooklynApple88 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me!!!
  • Tanya_37
    Tanya_37 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me too :)
    Been here a while but only very recently started to be consistent with logging and macros
  • Kirky_V2
    Kirky_V2 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hiya

I like the fact you recognise that it isn't all about slimming down, but about getting some fitness and strength too. Diets can be temporary fads and fixes, but fitness stays with you and encourages healthy eating - plus it helps us look and feel good (or great, but I'd settle for good right now haha).

Feel free to add me if you'd like to, and good luck in reaching your goal
  • Ali110514
    Ali110514 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You can add me! I used to be in a situation that made being healthy seem impossible. Long hours, a lot going on, makes it difficult to focus on yourself.
  • ereck44
    ereck44 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    Sending you a friend request. I have been on booku fad diets myself and mfp is the way to go. Not quite at goal but close. Training at the time for a half-marathon in November.
  • andrikosDE
    andrikosDE Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Having friends with common goals is the best way to change your lifestyle and achieve all you have set to conquer.
    Feel free to add me.
  • emilycwhite0712
    emilycwhite0712 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Brand new on this app but not the lifestyle.
    Please add me as well! Everybody who takes this app seriously inspires me.
  • stephaniejane_x
    stephaniejane_x Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! Nice to meet you all!!
  • sweetsmile_lee
    sweetsmile_lee Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Add me! :)
  • cierrascott28
    cierrascott28 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm pretty new I loooove this app ... I'm trying to loose weight as well, I've been over weight all my life!! Good luck steph.
  • saribelm14
    saribelm14 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Add me too!!
  • Tilla001
    Tilla001 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm exactly in the same boat. Started on this app after having a baby and gaining more weight than when I was pregnant. How the heck does that happen?
  • Gingerspice45
    Gingerspice45 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Always looking for new mfp friends if you'd like to add me. I'm working on losing over 100 pounds right now. I started at 235-240 in november 2013 and am still chipping away at it looking to get down to 120-130s. I take boxing classes, yoga classes, walk, lift weights, and jog. I have been using my fitness pal for almost 2 years and find it to be very helpful.
  • smokingroaches
    smokingroaches Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Add me too. I am chasing the elusive 6 pack.
  • twilson0617
    twilson0617 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Add me please
  • kimberlynn420
    kimberlynn420 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Kimberlynn420. I been on fitness pal for twenty six days now. I use to be 110 pounds then I fell into very bad depression and other things and started to let myself go. I was 150 but now since i been on fitness pal i been eating healthier and working out a lot. I am 28 years old and i am looking for more fitness pal friends. thank you.
  • qspoon86
    qspoon86 Posts: 5 Member
    Options

I used this app before to help me lose 30lbs. Now I'm back on track and want to lose more weight. Having friends is so motivating!!! Feel free to add me.
  • Endless_Journey
    Endless_Journey Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    You have come to the right place this app and a great support team has helped me lose 46kg Good luck on your journey