At home exercise suggestions?

Options
I have an ab lounge and a shake weight I would like to know of any workouts without buying equipment and using things around the house?

Replies

• oilphins
    oilphins Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    There are so many exercises you can do without anything. You can do pushups, squats, jumping jacks running on the spot with high knees and also try planking and add mountain climbers or splits with the plank, and one of the best exercises to do are burpees. Do between 10 and 15 to start and you will get your heart rate up already. If you can afford a skipping rope, please pick one up. I box at a club twice a week and we always start the class with skipping for 15 minutes. A great cardio workout. Look up some exercises online, There are probably a lot more out there as well. Good luck to you.
  • pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Options
    Google, or Bing, or search engine of your choice, body weight exercises and start doing them. your body is your gym. It goes with you everywhere and is always open (to you).
  • ssjones999
    ssjones999 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    google you are your own gym or check out fitnessblender.com.
  • jeremywm1977
    jeremywm1977 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    I wonder how many calories you'll burn by carrying that Ab Lounge and Shakeweight out to the trash.

I've got two apps on my phone/tablet that work perfectly.......You Are Your Own Gym and Just 6 Weeks.......body weight exercise routines done in about 30-45 minutes, no equipment necessary.
  • jeremywm1977
    jeremywm1977 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    Also, like ssjones999 said, Fitness Blender is also a great site with a lot of great free videos and a chunk of them requiring no equipment.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    Youtube is your friend...
    Whatever you fancy trying search for it and give it a whirl :smiley:
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Really? You Tube Leslie Sansone Walking DVD/Fitness Blender.