But why me?!

Hey everyone!
I literally feel so bad. A friend of mine is trying as well to lose weight and am every day she tells me how much she is improving. What the hell?! I'm the same as usual, nothing is changed. I can't feel anything and that makes me sad. I think I am so upset with this that Imm trying to tell to myself that I'm not hungry just because I don't want to eat. Obviously it doesn't work, I still eat, but this time I have a magic diet! I really hope it will work because it's not that easy...
Just to be clear, I'm not jealous, but I would really like to so a result, or at least a beginning!
Xox

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    What is the magic diet? Losing weight is nothing you'll have to hope for, it's a fairly simple process, and MFP works if you use it correctly. Have you calculated your calorie goal? How do you track your food intake? Do you weigh yourself daily? How long have you done this?

You lose more the more you weigh. What is your BMI, and your friend's BMI?
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    As long as you're eating less than you burn you'll lose weight. How long has it been since you lost?

Also comparing your results to others is not a good practice.
  • Artemiris
    Artemiris Posts: 189 Member
    All you need to do is set 1 pound loss on MFP goals, follow the calories it gives you and log everything. No magic involved. Good luck!
  • NoIdea101NoIdea
    NoIdea101NoIdea Posts: 659 Member
    A 'magic diet'?

Please do tell. I am automatically wary of anything with the word 'diet' because diet implies that you are embarking on a quick fix and not something you can sustain for the rest of your life. There is only one way to lose weight, and that is eating less calories than you burn. Various diets help people ensure that they are eating less than they burn, but there is no such thing as a 'magic diet' I'm afraid, just science. If you really want to see results like your friend, ditch the 'diets', plug your stats into MFP and make sure you stick to the number of calories per day MFP gives you. Good luck!
  • prettygirlstorm1
    prettygirlstorm1 Posts: 722 Member
    I wish there was a magic diet i would do it in a heart beat! lol Calories in and calories out is the best way. Don't get discouraged we did not put it on overnight so we can't expect it to come off overnight. Weigh everything, get moving and take your time. Good luck you got this!!!!!
  • pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Sounds like your friend has a good frame of mind and attitude. Much more important than a "magic diet".. But, please share the magic.
  • katsmo
    katsmo Posts: 219 Member
    You will lose if you're eating less than you burn. If you're not losing, you're eating too much. Also, comparison is the thief of joy. Be happy for your friend. Heck, maybe ask her for some pointers.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Also, comparison is the thief of joy.
    Too true, @katsmo . I learned this as I developed as an artist. My ego could be alternately inflated or crushed if I compared my work with those of others. Either reaction would inspire me to quit before I started. But if I set personal goals, like developing a particular technique, achieving that goal meant so much more.

OP, I suggest setting a goal that is not weight-related for the next week, such as "no sugar sodas for five days" or, "I will log everything I eat, faithfully", or, "I will add a thousand steps to my daily target".
  • Azuriaz
    Azuriaz Posts: 785 Member
    Is Shamanism involved? Because I go in for that earthy type magic. I'm hoping for some primitive and yet seemingly technologically advanced Earth mounds here, perfectly placed for heavenly alignment.

I've been avidly watching my Mom watching ancient aliens, but so far I haven't overheard anything about a magic diet.

Do share!