Which Les Mills classes, how often, best combo?

I love LM classes. I burn way more calories than i ever would in the gym on my own. However, im not sure how many to do, or what the best combination of classes is for the best results. I currently do.

Body Pump (weights) - Sat/Mon/Wed
Body Attack (Cardio) - Sat/Mon
Boxfit - Tues
Body Combat (cardio)- Thurs
Body Balance (flexibility) - Tues

Any other fans, and what do you find works for you?

Replies

• leahcollett1
    leahcollett1 Posts: 807 Member
    i do body combat 4 times a week and walk.. i do this from home via the dvds i bloody love - im so addicted
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Whatever you like! I've only done Bodypump classes but got bored after a while, plus I'd rather work on muscle strength than endurance at this point.

I like Combat a lot but I've only done the DVDs. The classes scare me a little bit, not gonna lie, plus I burn more calories on the treadmill at this point anyway.
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    I've tried all the classes and for me - Body Pump was the best by far :)

Body Combat and attack are very cardio based, which is fine - but it's the weight training that really gets those impressive results!
  • dammitjanet0161
    dammitjanet0161 Posts: 319 Member
    I used to love LM classes and typically at my old gym I would do 2 or 3 Body Pump a week and 1 or 2 Body Combat, plus 1 session of Balance when they offered it and yoga when when they stopped. Towards the end of my membership there they started offering Attack but I wasn't keen.

I missed both Pump and Combat when I joined another gym that didn't offer LM classes. But after a while doing different things there (boot camp type classes, weights/bodyweight circuits on my own, and treadmill running), I got a bit bored when I went back to a couple of Pump classes as a one off. Not sure why, I think I've got used to circuit/crossfit style classes now rather than choreography/knowing what comes next, and I've discovered that I can push myself to work harder on my own than I thought I could. I also found that a niggly lower back problem vastly improved when I stopped doing 3 x Body Pump a week - maybe a coincidence but I'm convinced that doing so many reps during the back track was putting a little too much strain on one of my discs (that's just me though).

Basically, if you love LM then keep doing the classes, but don't be afraid to try other things as well because you might just find something you like even better (and keep good form and look after your back :) )
  • helenbenzie75
    helenbenzie75 Posts: 95 Member
    Have you seen you can now subscribe to Les Mills On Demand? :-)