Looking for buddies who weigh in every day

Options
I know it's not recommended but I need to weigh myself everyday to keep motivated. Anyone want to log results every day so we can give each other moral support?

Replies

• Virkati
    Virkati Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    I do what's best for me and weighing every single day is what works for me. I see the trend instead of focusing on a superficial number once a week. The trend is the most important thing. Do what is in YOUR best interest and if what's recommended doesn't work for you, leave it behind you :)
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    There's nothing wrong with weighing yourself every day. I've never heard recommendations against it unless you are the kind of person who gets emotionally distraught if the number isn't what you expect it to be. The only issue with logging your weight every day is that your friends will see you losing the same weight if it's gone up from the day before. :smile: I usually have that notification turned off so no one sees it and congratulates me when I'm simply losing the water weight I gained during that time of the month.
  • tryin2die2self
    tryin2die2self Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Virkati wrote: »
    I do what's best for me and weighing every single day is what works for me. I see the trend instead of focusing on a superficial number once a week. The trend is the most important thing. Do what is in YOUR best interest and if what's recommended doesn't work for you, leave it behind you :)

I weigh myself daily, but I only log it weekly. I want my finger on the pulse but I don't get hung up on the daily grind. As Virkati said, knowing your trend is what is the most important part. That said, I also log a lot of other things on a weekly basis too. Sometimes the Non-Scale Victories give more of a fist pump than dropping a pound on the scale. They also don't detract when my weight goes up a tad. I will trade a few pounds of weight on the scale with losing an inch of my hips/waist every day of the week.
  • nyponbell
    nyponbell Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    SueInAz wrote: »
    I usually have that notification turned off so no one sees it and congratulates me when I'm simply losing the water weight I gained during that time of the month.

How can you turn it off?

I'm currently trying to weigh myself at least every other day as I'm working out how accurate my logging and fitbit estimations are. And I want to keep a record of it on MFP and it'd be nice to do so without spamming my feed and constantly having my small small losses liked.
  • theskinnyonme
    theskinnyonme Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I weight everyday if theres a loss I log it. I'm pretty good about my diary. Plus i cook alot so Im always making lightened versions of my old favs.
  • ncfitbit
    ncfitbit Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    nyponbell wrote: »
    SueInAz wrote: »
    I usually have that notification turned off so no one sees it and congratulates me when I'm simply losing the water weight I gained during that time of the month.

How can you turn it off?

I'm currently trying to weigh myself at least every other day as I'm working out how accurate my logging and fitbit estimations are. And I want to keep a record of it on MFP and it'd be nice to do so without spamming my feed and constantly having my small small losses liked.

Under Settings, click on "Automatic News Feed Updates". You can turn off notifications on things you don't want to show up on your newsfeed. I've got it turned off for losing weight, when I add friends, comment on other friends posts, etc. It's easy enough to turn it back on that I will do that when I know I've got a new, honest-to-goodness weight loss low that I want to share with my MFP friends.

I like weighing in every day because it keeps me on the right path and I'm not one to freak out if it goes up a bit, but Trendweight really does help keep everything in perspective. Feel free to add me!
  • nyponbell
    nyponbell Posts: 379 Member
    Options

Under Settings, click on "Automatic News Feed Updates". You can turn off notifications on things you don't want to show up on your newsfeed. I've got it turned off for losing weight, when I add friends, comment on other friends posts, etc. It's easy enough to turn it back on that I will do that when I know I've got a new, honest-to-goodness weight loss low that I want to share with my MFP friends.

I like weighing in every day because it keeps me on the right path and I'm not one to freak out if it goes up a bit, but Trendweight really does help keep everything in perspective. Feel free to add me![/quote]

Thanks! I actually found it by just looking at settings. :smile: But I asked because I thought I'd already edited my settings, but couldn't remember seeing that as an option.

I will! :smile:

• franfran1821
    franfran1821 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I weigh every morning! I have the libra app so I log every day's weight in to make sure that I'm still in a downward trend, even if my weight goes up a couple days.
  • blarnygurl
    blarnygurl Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every day - keeps me accountable
  • Bshmerlie
    Bshmerlie Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day but only log my newest lows.
  • MarietjieHoward
    MarietjieHoward Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I do weigh myself everyday, although most wont recommend it, I log it every morning (not on mfp), even if I have gained a little bit, lol... I have noticed a pattern developing, where I will not loose anything for at least 3 days and then loose a pound or sometimes more the next day. Recently I seem to loose only on the weekend.....I have no idea why.
  • jaywirth88
    jaywirth88 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I weigh in everyday on MFP... same time every morning! Feel free to add me!
  • lizbeth197044
    lizbeth197044 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Same here. It keeps me motivated and on track. Maybe it's not great for some but if it works for us then embrace it!
  • hollyjk74
    hollyjk74 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I weight everyday, I find it keeps me motivated and accountable rather than weekly.
  • tryin2die2self
    tryin2die2self Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I do weigh myself everyday, although most wont recommend it, I log it every morning (not on mfp), even if I have gained a little bit, lol... I have noticed a pattern developing, where I will not loose anything for at least 3 days and then loose a pound or sometimes more the next day. Recently I seem to loose only on the weekend.....I have no idea why.

I have seen similar trends. I go up a bit. Then flat line. Go back down. Go back up a bit. Then it drops a pound or three past my last low.
  • alcole2008
    alcole2008 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Like others have said, I weigh most mornings, but only log my newest lows.
  • ereck44
    ereck44 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day but log it only once a week on mfp. I keep a calendar and write the number down. Then if I get discouraged, I refer to a calendar from 3 months ago....and it helps me keep my head in the game. I log here every day...so you may add me if you like.
  • vadimknobel
    vadimknobel Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every day
  • BarneyRubbleMD
    BarneyRubbleMD Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    I log my weight every day unless I'm out of town (no access to scales). I want to see if/when my weight "yo-yo's" & determine why that might be happening (which for me is usually related to my post-meal blood sugars getting too high).

I also update my food diary (which is public) every day, even if I'm out of town.
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    Get the Aria FitBit WiFi scale, you daily weigh people will love it. It syncs and logs to fitbit and MFP sites automatically. I like the graph that fitbit site has that can show a years worth of data. It also discourages me from getting on the scale more than once a day. Just hop on after you wake and its done!