Wanting to lose weight before getting pregnant! Any like minded women out there?

Options
My husband and I would like to start trying to have our first baby. I've put on some weight and when I mentioned to my doctor I was anxious to start trying she said I should try to lose a little weight and that it would help me get pregnant and keep healthy during the pregnancy as well in the long run. Anyone else going through this that may need support as well? I'd love to be each others support system !!

Replies

• tcleveland65
    tcleveland65 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to lose weight after baby number 3 before we try for our 4th
  • Jesslynn3282
    Jesslynn3282 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    It's tough! But you can do it :-) I'm sure it is a lot harder with having 3 little ones even more so!
  • allie_00p
    allie_00p Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I am getting ready for baby #2. Not looking to lose a lot of weight, but I want to be in top form physically so I can continue to be active and strong in my pregnancy. We're hoping to conceive in the next few months then I want to see if I can track throughout the journey.
  • Jesslynn3282
    Options
    Yay for getting ready for baby # 2 Elsie :-)
  • Jesslynn3282
    Options
    I had told my doctor my husband and I were going to be trying in October. I know I have a lot to lose, I gained a lot getting comfy with him ( no excuses though! ) I was wondering how tracking while being pregnant works to be honest. I know even though I may get pregnant being as large as I am I should and can still continue to eat healthy and work out and hopefully that will keep me and baby healthy during the pregnancy just not sure how to set things up for when I become pregnant on here.
  • cathdavis16
    cathdavis16 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    We're trying for a baby atm and I'm trying to lose some weight before conceiving. Like you Jess I'm wondering how tracking works if you fall pregnant as I'd like to track to make sure I don't gain too much baby weight.
  • hillarywhite22
    hillarywhite22 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    My fiance and I are going to start ttc in March/April of next year (~6 months from now). I'm currently 167 lbs, looking to get down to at LEAST 145, but ultimately want to get down to 120-125 before ttc. I'm also trying to start a "pregnancy diet" right now; avoiding the things I won't be able to eat or drink when pregnant, or at least keeping them to a minimum for the time being. I've started taking prenatal vitamins (which I read was good to start taking before/while ttc). Please feel free to add me!
  • allie_00p
    allie_00p Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    The tracking really isn't too different except that you add about 300 calories above your maintenance to start, then you may need to adjust as necessary. It's something you can ask your doctor about too, since It may be slightly different if you're not shooting for the usual gaining 25-35 pounds (and this is assuming that you've got a pretty solid grasp on what your maintenance level is). I had planned to track with my first pregnancy but I was super sick until about 22 weeks and that all went out the window haha
    Feel free to add me as well :)
  • Primaloca
    Primaloca Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have one child and would love to have another but at the weight I am at now I know it's not healthy for me or the baby
  • DSnutz
    DSnutz Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I lost 10% of my body weight before getting pregnant the first time around after a long time of no success. I have been trying again with no success, and I think losing at least 10% of my body weight will help. I am happy to find some like-minded individuals.
  • stracciatella525
    stracciatella525 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My husband and I are going to start trying for our first baby in May. I'm in the 160s now and want to be in the 120s before we start trying. I plan on starting the prenatal vitamins in December and have been changing my diet to the things I can have when I'm pregnant. If anyone in the same boat wants wants to help keep each other accountable, please add me! I need all of the help I can get. I want to be healthy when we get pregnant.