Green Beans

Options
melon_e
melon_e Posts: 58
My neighbor just gave us a TON of fresh picked green beans that he grew in his garden. It was very thoughtful and sweet of him to think of me and my family. My problem is what do I do with them??? Any good recipes for flavorful green beans? Normally, green beans in our house involves steam fresh (in the microwave) or canned. I'd like to try something different (something my kids will actually eat). Thanks in advance for your help!

Replies

• dumb_blondes_rock
    dumb_blondes_rock Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    usually what i do is i mince up some garlic and i put about an inch of water and i up the green beans and garlic in the pan and cover it and cook for about 7-9 minutes....then when they come out i put i can't belive its not butter spray on it and salt it.,....but that site has good healthy recipies for the green beans
  • blueliss26
    blueliss26 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I use fresh garlic too... cooking spray and a bit of water and when they are as tender as you want, throw some parmesan cheese on and coat them a bit. You get a ton of flavor from the parmesan without a ton of calories. yummm
  • GinaSmash
    GinaSmash Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I love green bean grilled or baked on a pan in the oven. A little evoo or cooking spray, salt, and pepper. Very simple and delicious.
  • tammywho327
    tammywho327 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Wrap it in foil with some cooking spray or olive oil, garlic, and pepper! You can of course add salt or other spices. My favorite is to add horseradish (fresh)! Pop it in the oven or on the grill for 10-12 (or until done to your preference)!
  • melon_e
    melon_e Posts: 58
    Options
    Thanks everyone :)
  • flutterbee3
    Options
    McCormick makes Perfect Pinch Vegetable Seasoning that is great on fresh green beans. I just made some tonight!
  • rhonnik
    rhonnik Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    bump
  • crdcrz
    crdcrz Posts: 3
    Options
    Oh Yum! I love garden fresh green beans! I usually add fresh sliced garlic, some onions, a bit of olive oil, water and a tiny bit of S&P then steam them until desired tenderness. They are a favorite in our house. :smile: