Hi Everybody!

Options
I'm Lauren and I'm saying hi! Be my friend and get healthy (NOT skinny!) with me?

I am a 25 year old performing artist. I currently weigh more than is healthy, 200lbs exactly. and wish to lose about 80 lbs of wubblyness and add about 20 lbs of muscle. So.....net loss of 60lbs. I have been threatened with an engagement ring, and want to take pretty pictures to show my babies! I also want to avoid the chronic illnesses that run in my family tree: diabetes, heart disease, and Alzheimer's.

I have no desire to be a stick figure. I want to keep my big boobs, my small waist, and my generous hips. I just want to downsize them a bit. I want to look like a woman, not a little boy. Think Crystal Renn. I'm actively trying to listen to my body, not starve it skinny. Beauty comes in all shapes, colors, and sizes. I'm beautiful now, I'm just not healthy. I refuse to wait to live my life until I'm the "right size".

I like yoga, I like ellipticals, I LOVE to dance, and I like food. I work at Panera and am severely limited in my food choices, as I eat two meals a day there. So, I will be working out an All-Panera diet for myself, at least for breakfast and lunch, in case anyone is interested.

I like things that are hard, I quit if things are too easy. I also quit if I don't have companionship while I do stuff....

So let's be friends!

Replies

• SoldierDad
    SoldierDad Posts: 1,602
    Options
    I'm Lauren and I'm saying hi! Be my friend and get healthy (NOT skinny!) with me?

I am a 25 year old performing artist. I currently weigh more than is healthy, 200lbs exactly. and wish to lose about 80 lbs of wubblyness and add about 20 lbs of muscle. So.....net loss of 60lbs. I have been threatened with an engagement ring, and want to take pretty pictures to show my babies! I also want to avoid the chronic illnesses that run in my family tree: diabetes, heart disease, and Alzheimer's.

I have no desire to be a stick figure. I want to keep my big boobs, my small waist, and my generous hips. I just want to downsize them a bit. I want to look like a woman, not a little boy. Think Crystal Renn. I'm actively trying to listen to my body, not starve it skinny. Beauty comes in all shapes, colors, and sizes. I'm beautiful now, I'm just not healthy. I refuse to wait to live my life until I'm the "right size".

I like yoga, I like ellipticals, I LOVE to dance, and I like food. I work at Panera and am severely limited in my food choices, as I eat two meals a day there. So, I will be working out an All-Panera diet for myself, at least for breakfast and lunch, in case anyone is interested.

I like things that are hard, I quit if things are too easy. I also quit if I don't have companionship while I do stuff....

So let's be friends!

Would be proud to be your friend!
  • jamell_02
    jamell_02 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hello, my name is Jamell. I am trying to lose about 90lbs. I have never considered how much muscle I want to build and how that will work into my weight loss plan, but I am trying anyway, lol. I will send you a friend request!!
  • lammermoor27
    Options
    Yay! I'm so glad! This is fun when there are people to talk to! Not at all like the feeling I get when I wander into a gym full of People-Who-Know-What-They're-Doing!
  • Cindib13
    Cindib13 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I'll be your friend too. :happy:
  • prettysmart
    Options
    the people in the gym only LOOK like they know what they are doing...we're all just trying to make it day by day and fake that we know what we're doing.... would love to fake like I know what I'm doing with you!! haha!
  • marybsalmon
    marybsalmon Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    You'll do fine. Just get active every day and soon you'll get where you want to be.
  • sonbeam
    sonbeam Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'd be glad to be your friend and we can get healthy together.

Kim
  • noogie98
    noogie98 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I would love to be your friend, so the friend request is sent & welcome!

:wink:

Jerrie
  • allybally6
    allybally6 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Hey I'd love to be your friend. I think gaining muscle is really smart. I should probably adjust my goals to do that.